Teams

Your Pov 

"Alright now that we know the general location of 'the masked man' otherwise known as Madara Uchiha. We should come up with teams." Itachi said and we all nodded in response. 

"Logically thinking, both Sasuke and Kakashi have lightning chakra natures and their both-" I started

"Both what?" Sasuke and Kakashi said at the same time and I nervously laughed along with Itachi. 

"Anywho-" 

"It's best if Sasuke goes with Y/n." Itachi said. 

"How is that logical? Wouldn't it be-" Kakashi interjected but Itachi held up his hand. 

"No, You are only going to stress Y/n out and it's the best choice. It's best to keep each pair with an actual Uchiha." Itachi said. 

"Kakashi, everything will be fine. Will be in communication the entire journey and-" 

"But, what if you find Madara first? Y/n, I'm worried something might happen." Kakashi said while looking down at me. 

"Kak-"

"Relax Kakashi, everything will be fine, I promise." Sasuke interrupted. 

"Sasuke's right, Listen Kakashi-san, we all care about Rin, we'll find her together. But, the best way is to spilt into teams to cover more ground. I can't promise nothing bad will happen but, for one thing I trust Y/n and Sasuke. If anything happens we will be there to step in." Itachi replied and Kakashi looked down at the floor and closed his eyes while taking a deep breathe in. 

I walked over to Kakashi and placed my right hand against his left cheek. Kakashi moved his head against my palm and sighed. He grabbed my hand and laced it with his. 

"So, when do we start?" Kakashi asked and Itachi leaned back up and placed his hands in his pockets. 

"We'll meet back here at 6:30 a.m. We need to leave early for the long journey ahead. Come along Sasuke we're leaving." Itachi said and Sasuke followed behind. In the blink of an eye both Sasuke and Itachi warped away. 

Silence

'Well..Now what?' I thought and felt Kakashi's hand shake. It's been a long time since something like this occurred. I know it's not just a nervous tick he developed, it happened after Rin's death. It seemed to never go away, it would get worse from stress or even when Kakashi would have severe nightmares.  

I slowly brought his hand to my face and placed it against my cheek. Kakashi seems to snap out of whatever thoughts that where plaguing his mind. 

"Kakashi, I'm here." I said and he sighed and rubs my face with his thumb. He slowly pulls me into his chest and wraps his arms around my waist. 

"I don't know what I will do if I ever lost you...just please promise you'll stay safe." Kakashi mumbled. 

"You know nothing ever good happens when I promise something." I laughed and Kakashi let out a chuckle. 

"I know, but, just please promise." Kakashi replied and I lightly grabbed his face and smiled. 

"I promise, I will stay safe." I replied and Kakashi sighed.  

"But, just promise me one thing?" I smirked and he sighed in annoyance.

"Yeah, yeah 'don't do anything stupid' right?" Kakashi said mimicking me. 

"Wow! How'd you guess?" I laughed.  Kakashi took off his mask and looked down at me and brought his lips to mine. 

"Hmmm, what was that for?" I asked and he smirked and placed his lips against my ear. 

"Just sealing my promise." he mumbled and hummed against my ear. 'Oh my god his voice.' I thought in embarrassment. I could feel my face heat up and I tried to play it off. 

"Oh really?" I said and Kakashi trailed his hands against the sides of my body. He slowly leaned back and brought his grey eyes to my e/c eyes. I could see the sparkle in his eyes 'what are you planning?' I thought. 

"You know, I was thinking..." He said and I continued to look at him. It was almost like a game, someone had to move their gaze and it wasn't going to be me. 

"Yeah?" I asked and Kakashi placed his forehead against mine, It was almost like he was testing the water, trying to read my emotions, or simply win this stare off.  It seemed like an eternity and I couldn't take it anymore.  I then looked off to the side and I felt Kakashi smirk in accomplishment. 

"How about we go read?" He said and leaned back up and placed his mask back on. 

"Umm...What?!" I said and looked at him. He acted like nothing happened but, I could see the same spark in his eyes from before. 'Oh two can play at this game, Bakakashi.' I thought. 

"You know what? I think that's a great idea." I said in a cherie voice which made Kakashi confused.  I passed by him and went into the library.  I knew he followed behind me and he watched from the doorway, trying to calculate my next move.  I grabbed one of his romance books and tapped it against my face.  I then walked passed him and opened the bedroom and then closed/locked the door behind me. 

"Y/n?" Kakashi said from outside the door and tried to turn the door handle. 

Silence

"Oh come on! Seriously?!" Kakashi shouted outside the door and I tried my best not to laugh. 

Silence

"Y/n, I know you are in there. Open the door!" Kakashi wined. 

"What's the password." I shouted. 

Silence 

"What the hell are you talking about just-" 

"Sorry, 'What the hell are you talking about' is the wrong password. Please try again." I replied. 

"Y/n! This is stupid! Just let me in already!" Kakashi shouted. 

Silence 

"I'm sorry?" Kakashi replied. I slowly got up and opened the door. 

"Ding, ding, you got-" I said and then was pushed back onto the bed by Kakashi. I looked up at him and he smirked. 

"So, do I get a prize?" Kakashi asked and I gulped. 'oh boy here we go again.'