Chapter 16

Your Pov 

I left this morning and headed towards the sand village. Lucky, it wasn't too long it's should  only took me 3 days to arrive.  'I hope nothing bad happens while I'm gone.' I thought. 

Timeskip three days later 

I just arrived in the Sand village, I grabbed the necklace the Itachi gave me and bagan to track him down.  It was like playing hot and cold, everytime the necklace picks up fragments of his chakra, it begins to heat up, and when your further away it turns cold. After I long day of stares and scoughs, I found Itachi, sitting on top of a rocky cliff. 

"Ackem." I spoke up and Itachi looked behind and looked at me with shock. 

"Ne-Y/n, you came?!" Itachi replied and I nodded and sat down next to him. 

awkward silence

"So, Itachi, it seems we have to talk." I say breaking the silence and he looks out into the distance. 

"Right, come with me and put on the cloak I gave you." Itachi said and got up. I quickly took of my backpack, grabbed the cloak, and slipped it on. I followed Itachi outside of town and I saw a small house surrounded by plants. I looked at the house in shock and Itachi must have noticed and laughed.

"Did you think I was living in a dark cave somewhere?" He asked 

"mmm, not really but, really close." I said nervously. 

We both walked up the stairs and Itachi unlocked the door, welcoming into his house. We slipped off our sandals and walked into the living room. 

"So, why did I have to wear this cloak?" I asked and he sat down across from me. I noticed he looked around the house, searching for something. 

"Well, you see I'm being watch by the Akatsuki, so, if they see someone 'normal' with me. they begin to panic." Itachi replied and crossed his legs. 

"Right." I replied with unease. 

"Y/n, I know you're mad at me but-" 

"Look, I'm not mad,  at least i don't think I am. I'm disappointed. I feel betrayed, guilt, and I feel like I want to hug you and punch you at the same time." I replied and Itachi looked at me with wide eyes. 

"Then punch me." Itachi said saddened 

"No, I'm not going to punch you." I said and leaned forward. 

"B-but, I  deserve it, I don't deserve to live after what I've done." Itachi said while crying. 

"I-itachi, It-" 

"No! It's not ok! Why don't you hate me!" Itachi screamed. I then got up and sat next to him and gulped. I pulled him into a hug and rubbed his head. 

"Listen, Itachi, do I think what you did was wrong, yes. but, do I hate you, no. You're my family and I will always love you no matter what." I said and Itachi hugged me and cried even harder. 

After Itachi calmed down he rubbed his eyes and looked at me. 

"I really did miss you, Nee-chan." Itachi said hesitantly. 

"Me too, Otōto." I smiled back. 

silence

"So, how is Sasuke?" Itachi asked. 'It's now or never.' I thought 

"Well, he's going through alot, he's developed a lot of hate. but, not towards you." I said

"What?!" Itachi said and got up out of his chair slightly. 

"Y-yeah, umm, about all that 'put your hate towards me sasuke.' didn't work, I told him the truth about what happened." I said and Itachi put his hand on his face. 

"So, let me get this straight. Sasuke doesn't want to kill me." Itachi replied and I nodded. 

silence 

"So, this goes against my plans." Itachi said 

"Huh, what plans. Were you seriously going to let Sasuke kill you?" I angrily asked. 

"Yes." 

"What kind of dumb plan is that. How do you think Sasuke would feel and I would feel." I said and cried. 

"I'm sorry. but, that's what I wanted. or atleast did want." Itachi replied.

"Itachi you need to stop with this negative thoughts, it's not healthy. Secondly, did you really think, I would sit and watch my two younger brothers fight. " I said and Itachi looked at me and shrugged. 

"I guess not."

"Your damn right!" I shouted. 

"eeh?" Itachi said and I pulled him up and pulled him into the kitchen. 

"SIt, down. I'm going to make us something to eat." I said and began to pull out ingredients. Itachi just sat there and stared at me. 

'I promise Itachi, Sasuke, I'll fix everything.' I thought