I'm Sorry

Your Pov 

"Alright everyone, let's go." I shouted and we official embarked on our journey. 

....

As we near closer to the land of Rain's borders, we all stop. I reach into my bag and grab my headset and begin tuning to the correct frequency. 

"Alright, this is where we spilt up." Itachi says and we nod. Sasuke turns and looks over at me. I give him a closed eye smile and he tsk'd in reply.  

"Alright, Sasuke let's go." I said and Sasuke nods and we begin.  I quickly close my eyes and try to locate any abnormal chakra natures. 

Silence 

"Do you sense anything?" Sasuke asks while looking around the watery landscape. 

"No." I sigh and look out in the distance. 'Rain? We must be getting close.' I thought and take off my headband, throwing it into my backpack. I quickly pull my black hooded jacket over my face and Sasuke does the same. 

Crunch, crunch 

"Sasuke do you hear that?" I ask and he tilts his head to listen. 

"Yes, what do you think that is?" He asked and I paused. I quickly moved off to the side and hid my chakra.  Sasuke hops next to me and leans over my shoulder. 

Silence 

'The crunching noise stopped.' I thought and looked around.  

"A kid?" Sasuke whispered next to my left ear. 

"What is a kid doing this far out from the village." I said and noticed the kid was a young girl with brown hair, pulled back into low pigtails. She seemed to be around 5 years old and she wore a yellow raincoat, carrying a yellow water bucket. 

"Where are her parents? I don't sense any other chakra natures nearby." I said and Sasuke hummed. I felt Sasuke lean back up and began walking toward the little girl.  

"Yo." Sasuke said and the girl jumped in alarm. She slowly back away and brought her bucket closer to her small round face. 

"What are you doing out here alone? Where are your parents?" He asked. I noticed the girl look off to the side and mumbled something. 'Somethings off or maybe I'm just on edge.' I thought and looked around. 

"I-i'm not supposed to talk to strangers." The little girl stuttered while continuing to walk away from Sasuke. 

"Listen, I'm not going to hurt you." Sasuke said while putting his hands up. I looked down at the mudded road and saw ripples in the dirt. 

"Sasuke! Move!" I shout and an arm shoots out from underneath Sasuke and grabs his ankle. I quickly jump out and notice a ninja behind the girl. I quickly punch the guy out of the way and pick the girl up.

"Ow! Damn it! My arm!" A heard someone shout. I look over and see Sasuke standing over the man who attacked him. The man grabs his arm in pain and I cover the girls eyes. I look back and see the other assailant had run away. Sasuke's enemy gets up and disappears along with his severed arm. I then feel the girl turn and she disappears into a cloud of smoke. 

"Clones?!" I said out loud and that's when I hear a chuckling noise. 

"Well, I did say we would meet again. Though who were asleep when I said that. Did you have a nice rest?" a familiar masculine voice says. 

"Nee-chan behind you!" Sasuke shouts and I quickly turn and I feel something injected into my neck.  I fall on my knees and Sasuke looks over at the masked man angrily. 

"I just want to talk." Madara says. 

"If you just wanted to talk then why did you take my daughter?!" I shout in pain. 

"Hmm, who knows. Just a part of my plan I guess you could say." Madara says. 

"Itachi, Can-" Sasuke says into the microphone. 

"Now, Now why the rush?" Madara mocks and Sasuke tsk's 

"Sasuke?" I hear Itachi say. 

"Where's my daughter?" I ask and I see Madara's eyes turn, I knew he was smirking. 

"Nearby. Don't worry she's perfectly fine." He replied and I sighed in relief. 

"Sasuke?! Whats wrong? Answer me!" Itachi shouted.  I looked over at Sasuke who seems to be frozen and he grabs his neck. 

"What did you do?" I ask and Madara laughs. 

"I'm sure you've read the Uchiha scrolls before?" Madara says. 

Silence

"You know there's other ways to tamper with a sharingan user, besides enabling them to move." Madara says and I grab my head and everything feels fuzzy. I look over and notice Madara fading away. 'Where did he go?" I thought and looked around and saw him off to the side. 

"I'll kill you!" He shouts running towards me.  I grab my sword and block his attack. 'Something isn't right.' I thought but my mind becomes fuzzy. 

"Fire style: Fireball jutsu!" Madara shouts.

"Water style: Twin dragon jutsu!" I shout and block the flames. I look at Madara who begins forming new hand signs. I try to move my arms but, something is holding me back. I hear chirping noises in the background. 

"This is it Madara Uchiha!" Madara says and I feel something go through my abdomen.  After everything seems to fade away. Leaving me with the vision of Sasuke standing in front of me. 

"S-Sasuke?" I cough up blood and Sasuke bolts his eyes open. 

"Y/n!!" I hear someone shout. Sasuke pulls his arm out of me and I fall forward. 

"N....?!" (?) 

"Why is it so quiet?" I managed to say. Everything starts to go dark and I feel raindrops fall on my face. 

"Is it raining?" 

".....!!!" (?) 

I finally feel my body go numb and I wake up in a meadow. I look around and see a lady with dark hair sitting on a blanket with a teapot. I walk over and sit next to her and she smiles at me. 

"It's been awhile." She said and I open my eyes in surprise. 

"Mikoto-san!?" I shout and she laughs. That's when it hit me I look down at my hands and clench them. 

"I died." I sobbed and Mikoto-san hums and hands my a cup. 'huh?' I thought and looked over at her. 

"So you and Kakashi made it?" she said and took a sip. 

"Yeah?" I replied and I looked down at my tea, noticing my reflection. 

"Thank you for watching over them." Mikoto-san said and I paused. 

"I tried my best." I replied and she smiled. 

"I know." She smiles. I then feel my chest heat up and I look down at my hands noticing a green hue. 

"What is happening?!" I shout and Mikoto-san smiles.

"It seems it wasn't your time to go yet." She said and I looked at her confused and that's when I heard a familiar voice. 

"Reanimation Jutsu!"