[49]

"i just-i just wish you could be home, hyung", the pinkette mumbled, resting his chin on the pillow squeezed between his arms. "i know it's not your fault but i miss you, gukkie", he pouted, big eyes staring at jeongguk's face through the screen.

jeongguk sighed, his heart breaking just that little bit more as he watched his husband's pretty lips puff out into a pout and that made him wish he could just reach through the screen and pull the younger onto his lap to smother him in kisses.

"i know, baby", he sighed, tracing his phone with his thumb off-screen. "i wish i could be home, too. i miss you so much, my angel. i'm hoping i can wrap up this trip soon. eight months really is too long to be away from you, love."

"i want my koo to come here and spoon me", the pinkette whined from the other end, making the older chuckle. taehyung usually loved to be the clinger and cuddler when they were sleeping but the younger found out that he much preferred to be the one being spooned whenever they were spooning.

"on another note, how is my baby doing in school?", the ravenette smiled, glancing to beside his computer where a painting of him and taehyung on their wedding day that the younger painted sat. "any new projects recently?"

"ah, yeah!", the younger exclaimed excitedly, clutching the pillow tighter, eyes darting away from the screen for a moment to look at his feet before he grinned and bent down to pick up a black and tan ball of fluff. "say hi to daddy, tannie", the golden-skinned boy cooed, giggling when the pomeranian barked, wiggling around, asking to be set down and darting out of the room as soon as he was on the floor. "miss miriam wants us to paint something that depicts love to us. i was gonna paint you, ggukie but i think that would make all my classmates believe that i'm some sort of weird psycho who's obsessed with you, oh mr world-renowned CEO."

"you cheeky baby!", the taller laughed, his nose scrunching up as he watched his husband giggling from the other side of the world. "just you wait until i'm home, i'm gonna get you!"

the laugh that the pinkette let out made the older's heart clench, his eyes turning into crescents as he smiled at the smaller boy on the screen, though the laughter settled down into a slightly more gloomy environment.

"our anniversary's two days from now", the younger peeped quietly, his eyes quickly becoming glassy. "you won't be home, will you?"

"i'm sorry, my sweet", the ravenette sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose with his thumb and pointer finger. "i really wish i could be home with you, i would much rather be home and with you, but the CEO of the company that we're partnering with is being a real bastard and prolonging this whole thing."

"i know, bunny", the pinkette murmured. "i understand and it's okay, really, because i know you'd be home with me if you could and that's all that matters."

"god, how did someone as lame as i am, get lucky enough to have someone as amazing as you are agree to marry me?", the older groaned, grinning at the laughter that floated through his speakers as a result before the moment was broken by the robotic ping of his phone going off in his hand. sighing, he quickly unlocked his phone to see that he had received a message from lee junghyuk, the man that has been dragging out this business trip due to his hesitation in signing the partnership contract.

taehyung sighed, his plump lips parted slightly and eyes sad. "you have to go, don't you?"

"i'm so sorry, sweetheart", the ravenette grumbled. "i'm convinced mr lee has a dick up his ass or he needs to stick his dick in a hole, lord knows he needs to loosen up."

"oh my god, jeonggukie!", the younger shrieked, eyes widening and jaw falling in shock at his husband's words, though he was biting his inner cheeks to stop his giggles from bubbling out. "you can't just say that about your business partners!"