[004] Beauty

Taehyung listened intently to the teacher's instructions in class

    Taehyung listened intently to the teacher's instructions in class. Each and every art student was to enter the art competition they were holding in the school between them and the surrounding schools. Each student was to paint something they love, something they knew they could put hard work into and they had exactly one week to do it.

Taehyung sighed and unzipped his backpack to grab a pen and start jotting down all the possibilities. He reached into the bag and had just grasped his pen when his hand brushed against soft bristles. He let go of the pen and pulled out the paintbrush, smiling softly at which one it was.

It was a paintbrush from a custom set that his boyfriend, Jeon Jungkook, had gotten him. The darker pinkette had purposefully asked for the case of the set to be a deep, metallic green, but the brushes themselves were white-bristled with purple handles, his initials carved into every single once. His full name was on the case, along with the words 'My little artist', just under it.

As he stared at the brush, he knew fully well what he was going paint, so he swapped out his pen and notebook for a graphite pencil and a sketchpad before carefully opening it on an empty page. The sketchpad itself was a special one to him, it was where he would messily sketch Jungkook if he was bored, there were sketches of Jungkook if he had face piercings (he did it because he was bored out of his mind those days), Jungkook as an angel, Jungkook as a devil and just regular sketches of his boyfriend. He set the pencil on the page and began to messily sketch an outline of how he wanted to paint his boyfriend.

-

Jungkook unlocked the door to his apartment and was immediately hit with the smell of cooking kimchi rice. Taehyung was already home and was cooking lunch. He quietly walked to their bedroom and softly set his bag down on his desk before he made his way back downstairs to greet his boyfriend.

He crept into the kitchen and found Taehyung standing by the stove. He walked up to him and wrapped his arms around his slim waist, giving his nape a light, feather kiss. Taehyung didn't even flinch, he just turned around for a split second to smile at Jungkook.

"Hmm", Jungkook hummed. "Kimchi rice?", the lighter pinkette asked.

"Yep!", Taehyung said cheerfully, popping the 'p', making Jungkook laugh.

Taehyung leaned back into Jungkook's touch as he continued to stir the rice in the pan, a soft smile dusting his features as Jungkook rubbed reassuring circles on his back out of habit. Taehyung knew for sure he had made the right decision.

-

"Tae!", Jungkook whined, 3 hours later. "Tae, please! I wanna see what you're sketching!"

"No, Kook!", he replied from his art room firmly. "I told you already that it would be a surprise! You would have to come to the art show to see it."

"Baby", Jungkook pouted. "You know I would go either way", he glared at the football match playing on the TV, crossing his arms.

He relaxed a little when he felt slender, gentle hands on his shoulders, softly massaging them, trying to work the tense feeling out of his body. He turned to stare at Taehyung who just smiled softly, shaking his head and letting a small chuckle escape his lips as he bent down to press a kiss to his lips.