[43]

in which singing taehyung tested positive for covid-19, but, unbeknownst to jungkook, was cured and surprised him and their friends on his birthday

in which singing taehyung tested positive for covid-19, but, unbeknownst to jungkook, was cured and surprised him and their friends on his birthday. this is set after quarantine has ended and there are only a few odd cases here and there, which is why there will be so many people.

shorter!tae american!bts

surprise

────────────────────

three months ago, kim taehyung tested positive for covid-19. he was devastated and, understandably, his boyfriend was even more distraught than he was. jungkook had nearly cried when the soft pinkette gave him a soft smile as he was moved into quarantine.

jungkook had visited him whenever he could, sometimes bringing their friends along and the taller marvelled at how his soft pinkette boyfriend managed to keep a smile on his face after being diagnosed and taehyung just said that there was no point in being sad because, if he was going to die, he would rather die smiling than die upset.

now, here the soft pinkette was, sitting on his bed nervously as he swung his legs back and forth while he waited for his doctors to return with his new blood tests. he was nervous. he could have either gotten better, or he could have gotten worse, he didn't know.

he fiddled with his fingers and the promise ring on his thumb, smiling at the silver band with jeon x kim engraved into it. he thumbed the lettering on the ring as tears pooled in his eyes, but he quickly sucked in a shaky breath before harshly wiping his hand over his eyes.

"now don't be sad, taehyung", his head snapped up to see dr house smiling at him, the pinkette confused as to why he was smiling. "you'll be seeing him soon. after all, you're covid-free."

"are you serious?", he questioned softly, his hand trembling.

house nodded. "yes, your tests came back negative."

"oh my god", he squealed, refraining from hugging the doctor who nodded at him, his eyes turning into crescents as he laughed at the smaller's excitement.

"i'm going to call his mother, i want to surprise him."

"go ahead, the nurses have disinfected all of your belongings, you'll be fine", the grey-haired doctor replied, walking out of the room as he rapped the glass door with his cane, his nurse running into the room.

"i can't believe this, reina", the soft pinkette stated quietly.

"well, you best believe it", his ravenette nurse replied. "now i heard something about calling jungkook's mother?"

"right", taehyung said quickly. "thank you, rey."

"anything for my favourite covid-free patient."