[020] Shameless

AN: Well, shit

AN: Well, shit. Here we have angst with a happy ending (though that ending isn't in this chapter)! :) hope you enjoy this multi-shot! No songs in this one, simply because the next chapter will have a whole bunch of songs in it! BTS au, btw... Fluent English speakers.

[Shameless| Camila Cabello]

OoOoO

One week. Today marked one week since Jungkook had broken up with him, left him for Yugyeom. The thought was very painful for Taehyung, the scar still very fresh, and the interview they would be doing would probably just rub salt into the wound.

They sat in a circle around the table, Taehyung quickly choosing to sit in between Jin and Yoongi, getting questioning glances from the two. The thing was, they hadn't told their hyungs that they were no longer together, that they had gone their separate ways, Taehyung obliging because all he wanted to see was the younger happy, and if being with him held Jungkook back from the happiness he chased, he was forced to let him go.

"Now", the lady asked. "Jungkook, who's your favourite hyung?"

"Jiminnie hyung", he chuckled, to the shock of everyone, except Taehyung, Jin sending the soft pinkette an apologetic smile. "He makes me comfortable, there's nothing else to it", the youngest shrugged.

"And the second youngest, Taehyung", the lady turned to him. "Who's your favourite member?"

The honey-eyed boy paused for a moment, thinking things over, before leaning forward and speaking into the mic. "Jungkook", he said quietly, making his hyungs smile. "I may not be his favourite, and I'm okay with that, I really am. It's just when we were close, he could make me smile really easily, he was just someone who could make me happy effortlessly, he was one of those people, you know? And I don't regret that one bit, he really is great", he smiled softly, looking everywhere except for the bunny-toothed boy, glancing at him for a moment and smiling sadly when he saw that he got absolutely no reaction out of Jungkook.

"And you're totally okay with not being the maknae's favourite?", the lady questioned.

"It doesn't really matter anymore", Taehyung said softly, frowning slightly when he felt his phone buzz in his pocket.

He opened it to find a text from his family doctor, Doctor Ri Suyeong. It was strange to him, the doctor rarely texted him, unless it was important, very important. He glanced up and noticed that the woman doing the interview was engrossed in a conversation with Namjoon. He opened the text message and his hands became sweaty as they started to shake, his breathing becoming slightly erratic.

*texts*

Dr Ri

Taehyung...

I'm really sorry to inform you

But both your parents and your grandmother got into a crash