#5: Heiwa Academy

The six month-long clash between Izuru and Endo had at last come to end end. After giving their all and surpassing their limits over and over again, only one came out as the victor...

...and no one was there to receive him.

Yeah, everybody that came to Heiwa just kinda left while Izuru and Endo were doing their thing on the rooftop. Not even Nijimura stayed around to wait for Endo. Understandable, considering how Minami took her sweet time breaking her spirit, but still. Not even Ban stayed behind to wait for his bro, he ran away scared as all hell after that moment with Yumi.

And since no one was there, Izuru and Endo took the correct approach to the situation.

They just went to have lunch to a cheap ramen shack with each other. Surprisingly, they shared the same taste in ramen, that being the spicy bellpepper with extra pork.

Then they spent some time talking about Risei and dumb things he does, concerning when you learn that the convo lasted a whole two hours.

And then they died inside when the Ride Deck mechanic got annnounced. They just stood in the middle of the ramen shack, staring at their phones in silence and despair. Just two people, feeling very stupid they didn't delay their fight for a few hours.

But at the end of the day, after spending hours pestering Endo about it, Endo agreed to follow one of Izuru's request: visit the Hanagata household and apologize to the people he had hurt the most.

"I could totally kick your ass now." Izuru mused, looking at the hallway where they had one of their fistfights. "My Triple Kick has become much more refined after get my ass handed to me by Yukiko over the summer."

"I had some good tea that morning, I would have been faster otherwise." Endo refuted. That's a lie and he only didn't get whooped because Sumireko stopped their dumb brawl in time.

"I call bull. Now press the ring bell."

"Hm... I believe I should leave this to another day."

"Press the button, Endo." Izuru deadpanned.

"That's a fair point but... Why would I bother them on a-"

"Press the fucking button, Endo!" The black haired screeched, holding Endo by his wrist.

"NEVER! I CAN DO THIS ON MY OWN! AND AT A LATER DATE!"

"I HAVE A CHEAP AQUA FORCE DECK AND I'LL SHOVE IT THROUGH YOUR TEETH IF YOU DON'T PRESS THAT DAMN-"

And then Sumireko opened the door and looked at the two with the a smug.

"-button."

"Ara, ara, get a room, you two." Sumireko chuckled.

"Ahem." Endo cleared his throat and pulled his wrist out of Izuru's hands. "Good afternoon, Hanagata-san. I wanted to come to talk with you in person and apologize for my actions years ago. I was not strong enough to protect the family we had, so I took the easy way out and had us be separated... From the bottom of my heart, I apologize." He said, getting down to apologize in a dogeza. "I understand if you never choose to forgive me, but I had to say it."

"Mitsuaki, get that stick out of your ass." Sumireko sighed and helped Endo up. "We're older now, y'know? I get you did what you had to do and that's that. It stang at first but I'm over it now. That's the convuluted mess we call life."

"Hanagata-san..."

"Stop calling me that, it's making me feel old." The doctor deadpanned.

"Right... Sumireko."