Opening - Cry Baby

Cry Baby by Officla HIGE DANdism

Munagura o tsukamarete kyōretsuna panchi o

The opening starts with a far away view of Izuru's new house, with the title "Vanguard: Heiwa" appearing in the sky above it.

Kuratte yorokete kata o narabete matagatta
Yohoudouri no ame ni omae wa niyakete
Kizuguchi ga kirei ni naru nante uso o tsuku

The scene changes into Izuru and Ibuki walking towards the nearest train station. As the lyrics go by and two stop arguing about something stupid, Yasuke and Nakano walk past them, with Ibuki following them.

Izuru is soon joined by Ban, and as they keep walking and talking, they're soon joined by Aimi and Minami, then Chika, and then Tate and Yumi.

As the Heiwa students arrive at Heiwa and keep walking into the school, Izuru stops and looks back.

Itsumo kuchigenka sae

The scenes changes into Junpei, looking down at the riverbank where he and Izuru fought.

Umaku dekinai kuse shite

This time the scene changes into what comes after a scene of the previous opening.

In an alley, Yukiko, as Angelica, staggers through the alley with her right hand on the wound left by Valeos on her chest.

Saenai joudan iunayo

In his mansion's garden, Kagekiyo loos up at the statues of Miyamoto no Yoshitsune and Taira no Kagekiyo. He looks back as he is joined by Kasumi.

Amari no tsumarana sa ni me ga urunda

Izuru stands in the middle of a blazing Mount Hiei. Through the flames he sees the shadows of Kagekiyo and Kasumi, and clenches his fist.

With black and red lightning flashing through his fist, he steps forward.

Nan do mo ao azadarake de namida o

Middle school Izuru runs after high school Airi, but falls, making her be surrounded by the shadows of the Nijimura family.

As that Izuru cries, the current Izuru runs past him and after Kasumi. She looks back at him, with Shirayuki by her side, and reaches out for him.

Nagashite nagashite fuanteina kokoro o kata ni

Ice blades start being blasted towards Izuru, but even after his arms, legs and chest have been ran through by those ice blades, he keeps moving forward.

Azukeainagara

Kagekiyo, as Valeos, appears in front of Izuru, and runs his spear through Izuru's chest.

Izuru grabs the spear and keeps moving forward, even with the spear going through him. This makes Kagekiyo stagger back.

Kagekiyo's eyes glimmer red as a cybernatic tail crawls out from under Valeos' coat. He yells and his body implodes into Chaos Breaker, who swings down his scythe and slashes Izuru's body to bits.

Kusarikitta baddoendo ni aragau

Even so, Izuru clenches his fist and steps forward. His entire body becomes surrounded in a storm fo black flashes.

Out of the storm comes Raging Form Dragon, who slams his fist into Chaos Breaker's face. He grabs Chaos Breaker's lowe jaw and rips it out of his body, and with black and red lightning flashing from his two fists, he begins punching his way through the cyber dragon until he punches Chaos' head off his body.

Nazedarou yorokobi yori mo kokochiyoi

The scene changes into the riverbank where Izuru and Junpei fought, where a mountain of beaten delinquents appears.

At the bottom is Nakano, sitting on top of some and reading a book. Further up are Ban and Yasuke, with Tate riding Ban's back while Yasuke holds a black flag with an emblem shaped like a white prowling spider.

At the top of the mountain are Izuru and Junpei, with their backs turned to each other.

The six of them are all wearing black uniforms with "ジャガーノート" written vertically and in gold on both sleeves, and on their backs they carry a golden version of the emblem on the flag with the letters above it.

Itami zushiri to hibiite

The scene flickers and becomes covered in static before changing into the riverbank across the one where Junpei and Izuru fought, both covered in snow.

Nureta fuku ni shitauchi shinagara
Hareagatta kao miatte warau

Junpei, sitted on a bench in the riverbank across the one from his past, reaches out for the image he saw.

Izuru, who's sitting next to Junpei, begins laughing at Junpei's words, to which Junpei replies by chuckling too.

Airi, who's watching the two from the distance, smiles at seeing her brother smile.

As Izuru and Junpei keep talking, a buttefly lands on the part of the bench that's behind them and then flies away.

Doshaburi no yoru ni chikatta ribenji

As the buttlerfly flies away, the scene of the bench gets replayed on its wings, and it soons joins other butterflies that are playing scenes of the opening on their wings aswell.

The swarm of butterflies land on the stone path leading to the Dark Zone temple.

As the camera zooms out, it reveals Chronojet sitting in front of the temple, with Ezel and Nightmist standing on the temple's roof, and Sanctuary Guard Dragon towering over the temple.

Chronojet looks ahead and turns into Ryuuga as a last butterfly flies past him, making the scene change one last time.

In the final scene, Izuru arrives home and smiles.