-Part 7

Hard to believe half the semester has gone by already.

With October soon ending and November closing in, Endo and Izuru's fight seemed like something from centuries ago. So much had happened from then to now. Midterms went by, some guy stole some whisks, Ban learned she saying 'No' isn't the worst thing she can do... But something else was bound to happen before the start of the new month.

The last school day of October zoomed by, and for once, the student council didn't had a mountain of paperwork to deal with (yet). They just ended up leaving the school right after club activities were finished.

This being a saturday meant that Izuru would stay five minutes past most people, because of the cooking club's activities taking some more minutes than the rest, so by the time he reached the locker rooms to prepare to leave for the weekend, no one else was there.

He opened his locker, where a note placed there earlier awaited him.

"'Come to the roof.'...?" Izuru muttered, reading through the note.

His mind jumped to the idea of Aimi waiting for him on the rooftop to finally purge his ability to walk, but if she wanted to break his kneecaps once and for all, she would have done it anywhere, so that wasn't it.

Ban and Tate had left for the diner near Heiwa ages ago, something he knew thanks to them flexing their food on him while he was doing his things in the cooking club.

Even Endo was gone already, off to Holmes to get back some of the lost time with Risei.

There was no one left in Heiwa to want to meet with him.

But even so, he sighed and headed for the roof.

He openened the door, and his eyes widenned.

"Yo, Izuru." Airi looked at him with a smile and waved her hands.

"A...Airi...?"

"It's Airi-san to you." She chuckled. "Come on, let's have a fight."

"W-what do you-"

"A cardfight, stupid."

"E-eh...? W-why-"

"Geez, stop being such an old man and come on!" 

Laughing stoftly, Airi dragged Izuru up to a bench on the rooftop, where a playmat for the two to use was set. She sat down and began shuffling her deck, which was already on the bench.

"R-right then..." Izuru weakly nodded and placed his deck down.

"Hm... I'll return four."

"These are fine, I guess..."

"Hey hey, stop acting like an old man! Where's that spunky fighter that I see fighting Tate before class when on my way to Endo's office?" Airi asked, flicking Izuru's forehead.

"R-right, my bad..." He coughed. "I'll keep this hand."

"Then let's start!" She smiled. "Stand up, my vanguard! First Aid Celestial, Peniel! (6000)"

"The vanguard... Kosty...! (6000)"

With a quick coin flip, it was decided Izuru would go first.

"I draw and then... Discard Gheorghe to ride Dolcia. (8000) Draw from Kosty, then discard Galleass to draw with Dolcia. Pass..."

Izuru
Hand: 6
Damage: 0
OXO
OOO

Airi
Hand: 5
Damage: 0
OXO
OOO

"That's two combo pieces in there already... Stand and draw. I discard and ride Black Closure, Zophiel from my ride deck! (8000) Peniel's skill draws me one and let's me get a quick shield. Zophiel attacks! (8000)"