-Part 7

This is a story about two delinquents.

The setting was Hirabayashi Middle School, the year after the "Berserker of Hirabayashi" incident happened. By now, that was just something that happened some time ago. People had moved on and couldn't care less about it.

This year, Tate went to Russia as aprt of a student exchange program. Nobody else offered to do it and the school was able to use his football skills as an excuse for him to handle it. Scummy and lazy move on their part.

And Yukiko also wasn't around. Afterall, she changed schools following the whole berserker thing.

For all purposes and effects, this year, Izuru would be all alone.

Until one day, he wasn't.

It was some time around the end of the first week of the school year.

The top dog of the delinquents in Hirabayashi was a guy called Shouji, a big and fat dude with very big sideburns that he sadly dyed light green out of a sense of no taste. He was someone above the king of the Royalty, because the school had turned into a delinquent haven after the incident. He dated any girl he saw, and could buy anyone, not matter their morals, into being one of his mindless goons.

But one day, he fell.

Quite literally.

It happened during lunch break, where Shouji tried to get into a fistfight over someone he wanted to hire not caring about that. It ended quickly, with Shouji flat on the ground with a bloody nose.

His attacker, a guy with normal glasses and a shaved head, slammed his foot down on his sick sideburns and looked around at the speechless goons surrounding them.

"Not a big fan of having to respect my elders, even if they are some fat clowns who've got held back twice."

"Holy crap, that guy actually beat up Shouji... H-he really is Shinigami South, isn't he?!" One of the goons asked.

"I heard he got outta juvie this year after being sent there for two years from breaking some guy's limbs back at elementary school! Like, all four of them!" Another goon whispered.

"It was only two." Shinigami South sighed, pushing his glasses up. "And then I broke his dad's legs for scratching my Bayonetta with his stupid car."

"THAT'S EVEN WORSE!"

"That bike was the coolest... Oh right, you." South slammed his foot down on Shouji's face again. "Don't let my nickname fool you, ding dong. I may be called Shinigami South, but I'm not a reaper. I am death. I am Shin. Shinei. Nitta Shinei." He grinned. "Just jo-king."

The glasses weren't shades, the head wasn't bald, and the devotion to the good Buddha was none. Truly, people grow alot over the years.

"Hey clowns, you know anyone better than this fat fuck? This guy wasn't even a warm up." Shin laughed, looking back at the goons he just acquired free of charge. 

"W-well, there's a guy!"

"Yeah! The guy who beat up Nijimura and threw a wrench in his fam! The Berserker!"

"Pfff, berserker? I take it back, juvie had better nicknames for people than this." Shin jumped off Shouji and wiped his hands. "Well then, take me to your Berserker."

The rest of the delinquents lead Shin to the classroom of class 3-E, where the Berserker was. They opened the door, they pointed at who the Berserker was, and then all of them, Shin included, shared a similar reaction.

"EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEH?!"

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAH?!" Shin yelled, almost dropping his glasses.

They were pointing at the most nerdy looking guy in the entire school. The sucker had his hair completly tied back, and even had those types of glasses with the circular lents and went in a whirlpool motion, straight out of an actual manga.