#7: A Peaceful and Quiet Life

It was a peaceful and quiet tuesday evening.

Very peaceful and quiet indeed.

Maybe too much.

Too peaceful and quiet for a world where problems better solved through dialogue are solved through the usage of children's cardboard cuttouts.

Izuru and Ibuki had already finished eating their dinner, a pair of delicious tonkatsu pork bentos gotten from the supermarket because the two got home too late to make proper dinner, and were now enjoying their time.

Ibuki was still seating at the table, enjoying some after dinner tea, and Izuru was washing the dishes like the house slave he is.

Things were peaceful and quiet.

Ibuki sighed in the bliss of the peace and silence.

"Life is really wonderful sometimes, isn't it?"

And Izuru sighed in bliss of the peace and silence too.

"Indeed..."

"Ah..."

The two sighed in bliss of the peace and silence.

And then a loud engine made some revving sounds outside and the two housemates rushed out of their apartment, Ibuki holding her bat and Izuru a soup laddle, both ready to go to jail for the night if it meant keeping the peace and quietness.

"SQUARE UP, YA CUNT FUCK!" Izuru yelled, with his Asakusa blood already doing the whole burning hot thingy it does.

"I WOKE UP AND CHOSE VIOLENCE AND NOW'S THE BEST TIME TO EXECUTE SAID VIOLENCE, YOU GODDAMN DUMBASS DUMBSICKEN DUMBASS!" Ibuki exclaimed, flexing her vocabulary skills to a degree that'd make the great Kiyokiyo Kiyokiyo roll in his grave. Chill, girl.

"YA BETTER GIVE A GOOD REASON TO WHY YA MAKING THIS MUCH NOISE AT THIS HOUR OR SO HELP ME GOD, DARK CROW'S GONNA START PLAYING AND IT'S NOT BECAUSE A BIG BLACK DRAGON IS USING HIS SWORD!"

Wow, that's meta.

"I come in peace, I come in peace!"

The loud engine didn't come from a motorcycle you could use to play card games, sadly, but instead from a big white jeep that had Risei as its driver. With his arms in air to show he meant no harm, as much as 'no harm' for an Enomoto might mean, Risei stepped out of the vehicle.

"I FINISHED MY SHIFT HOURS AGO, WHY ARE YOU HERE?!"

"Yeah! I was having a good time drinking tea and thinking how I can afford cards unlike this guy, what gives?!"

"IBUKI!"

"SHUT UP, YOU KNOW IT'S FUNNY, YOU JUST DON'T LAUGH BECAUSE YOU'RE THE ONE WITHOUT CARDS!"

"Basically, I came here to pick someone up." Risei said.

Ibuki and Izuru glanced at each other, and then got back into being terrible neighbours to whoever could hear them.

"AH?! SCREW OFF, YOU SHADY PRIEST-LOOKING CUCK!" Ibuki screeched.

"I have council work tomorrow so I don't mind throwing hands if it means getting riggity riggity wrecked and not go to school tomorrow!" Izuru declared.

"Shut up, Aimi-chan will still give you work, even if you're in an hospital bed." Risei called out.

"That's besides the point!"

And the sad reality. Stopping the tiny whisk guy wasn't enough to slow down on the council work. It never is...

"I don't mean you buffoons with bad haircuts, I mean that buffoon with a bad haircut."