Special: Izuru and Ibuki's Day Off

Sunday, January something, 2053, because reminding people of the current year will make them forget there most high tech we had so far got written off the plot during the specials.

A storm slowly raged outside.

The skies had turned a dark grey colour, the winds blew hard enough to make the first Aqua Force player in the game's history wank his Tetra Drive, and a heavy rainfall would soon follow.

But thankfully, Izuru and Ibuki were in the comfort of their old place, now that they had successfully gotten Ryuuga to work directly for Ryuzaki again in the exchange of rent.

Truly, a pro Vanguard gamer move.

The two sat around the kotatsu, whose warmth helped them forget the raging cold that came with this type of storms.

Izuru was doing the his usual sunday routine: spending countless hours farming on one gacha game just so that he could burn the fruits of his labour on the first new cute png he could get.

Ibuki, on the other hand, who had already donw her farming for the day, was just reading a manga about a girl who made eroge cosplays for her male classmate. 

But then, a bolt of lightning cracked loudly outside, and the living room's lights just up and died. The kotatsu also stopped generating heat, and the internet died.

"Go fix the electricity..." Ibuki yawned.

"No way, you do it. I get cold easily." Izuru replied, also yawning.

"Fine, we'll play rock-paper-scissors for it... But best of three!"

"You just don't wanna go into the cold, you lazy bum..."

Two seconds later, to an amazing 2-0, Izuru got off his lazy ass and threw his snickers on. Yawning, he opened the house's door, but the heavy winds immediately blew him back and closed the door for him. That's when a heavy rain began falling all over Tokyo.

"Did you fix it yet?" Ibuki asked.

"What do you think..." Izuru deadpanned.

With the electricity out for the count, they moved on to an half-assed Plan B. 

They got some blankets from the bedroom, wrapped them around themselves, and just sat on the couch, silently waiting for the energy to return. 

No television, no video games, no gacha games, no heat, no nothing. Only the sound of the rain and lightning outside. To your average Ayato fanboy, this would be the perfect day to make egg fried rice and call you cooking students failures, but to normal people, this just sucked ass.

But they waited.

And they waited some more.

And they waited some more more.

And they waited until-

"Ah, this sucks!" Ibuki exclaimed, throwing her blanket away. "Why are blackouts still a thing in 2053?! You'd think they'd have done something about it by now!"

"Medicine still comes in oversized pills, the only thing evolving are card games." Izuru sighed, tossing his blanket to side and checking his phone. "That was a nice minute and a half."

Until they just stopped waiting.

"Come on, there must be something for us to spend the time while the energy's out! Think, Izuru, think!" Ibuki said, holding her fingers near he forehead.

"We could go to locals but... Riding in the rain sucks... Man, why didn't I sold Endo's bike and get a car instead?!" Izuru groaned.

Been saying that since two specials ago.