THREE

The news of the queen's pregnancy spread rapidly throughout the kingdom, bringing joy and anticipation for the arrival of a new heir. The king, elated by the prospect of expanding their family, ensured that the queen received extra care and attention, with guards stationed outside her chamber for added security.

However, tragedy struck when the queen experienced a miscarriage after a few months of pregnancy. The devastating blow was compounded by the physician's grim prognosis: the queen was now infertile and would never be able to conceive again.

The realization that she could never experience the joy of motherhood or hold her child in her arms in the future weighed heavily on her heart.

This turn of events brought profound sorrow and a sense of loss not only to the queen but to the entire kingdom, shattering the hopes and dreams of a growing family. The once hopeful anticipation was replaced by a somber reality, highlighting the unpredictable and often cruel nature of life's twists and turns

The news of the queen's infertility and the loss of their unborn child was devastating for both Hara and the king. The king's initial anger and frustration led him to punish the guards and maids who served the queen, but deep down, he knew it was futile. The loss of their child was irreversible.

As time passed, the queen became increasingly withdrawn, rarely leaving her chambers. The king grew tired of her behaviour, which had persisted for a year since the tragedy. Despite his efforts, the queen refused to seek help or support, choosing instead to wallow in her grief and depression.

T

he once happy and envied family now lay in ruins, with Jungkook witnessing his mother's constant tears and his father's absence in comforting her. King Junghyun's retreat to his office or private island left Jungkook feeling abandoned and alone in supporting his grieving mother.

This emotional distance between father and son led to a deterioration in their relationship, as Jungkook grappled with the pain of seeing his mother suffer and feeling the void left by his father's absence.

Promising himself to never cause his future wife the same heartache, Jungkook internalized the impact of his family's struggles and vowed to prioritize the emotional well-being of his loved ones above all else.

At the age of 15, Jungkook's attempt to confront his mother about the miscarriage, though not directly intended, led to a painful outpouring of tears and sobs from Queen Hara. The queen's reaction highlighted the lingering trauma and grief she still carried from the loss of her unborn child.

Despite the family's curiosity and desire to understand the circumstances surrounding the miscarriage, Queen Hara remained tight-lipped, refusing to share any details. Whenever the subject was broached, she would fall silent, unwilling or unable to discuss the painful event that had shattered her dreams of motherhood.

...................

Jungkook, now 22 years old, is returning from the Park Clan, where he went to complete his education. The Park Clan is known for its excellence in scholarship and education, so Jungkook's mother sent him there to study.

During his time at the Park Clan, Jungkook met Jimin, the son of the chief commander. They met at the library, and despite Jimin's talkative nature compared to Jungkook's shyness, they became best friends.

Today marks Jungkook's last day at his uncle's castle before he departs. Jimin, feigning a pout and batting his eyelashes, says, "I can't believe you're leaving this early. You promised me you'd take me on lunch. How could you do this to me, my little Jungkookie?"

Jungkook sighs and pushes Jimin off him, reminding him, "Jimin Hyung, we talked about this. What would your father think if anyone heard you saying this? And no, I never promised you anything like that." Jungkook then proceeds to pack his belongings, preparing for his journey back home.

"Ok!! Ok!! I get it you don't like it here, but you could say to the king that you want to stay here more. He's your uncle anyway he would let you stay here for more days." Spoke Jimin and jumped on the bed startling Jungkook who was contemplating whether to leave his books there or not.

"No, I decide that I'm going back my uncle has no say in this and I miss my home I want to go back. I can't stand your annoying humour anymore."

Jungkook stuck his tongue out and finally shut his bag full of his clothes. His other bag is already packed by the maids which was full of presents from the queen and king themselves and some from Jimin too.

As Jungkook prepared to leave, Jimin, though appearing bored, was inwardly saddened by his best friend's departure. "Anyway the carriage is waiting outside for years!!! Just hurry up and go to your home. " Jimin said with a bored face but was sad inside that his best friend is going. In a mix of jest and genuine sentiment, Jimin called for the guards to assist with loading Jungkook's luggage onto the carriage waiting at the front gate of the palace.

Expressing his gratitude to Jimin for his gesture, Jungkook acknowledged the help. As they reached the front gate of the palace, the carriage stood ready, accompanied by maids and Jimin's father, who was there to see Jungkook off on his journey back home.

When Jungkook was about to pick up his bag Jimin yelled for the guards and told them to take the luggage out and set it on the jungkoks carriage.

Noticing the sadness in Jimin's expression, Jungkook reassured his friend, "Hyung, don't be sad. I'll visit you in winter, okay!" With a comforting pat on Jimin's back and a warm smile,

J

imin responded with a mischievous grin, "You don't have to worry. Before you know it, I'll come visit you, and who knows, maybe I'll stay there forever!" He wiggled his eyebrows suggestively.

Jungkook's eyes widened in shock upon hearing this, and he quickly looked to Mr. Park for confirmation. Mr Park sighed and shook his head, avoiding eye contact.

When Jungkook turned back to Jimin, he was met with a dissatisfied expression as Jimin stared at his father. Jimin leaned in and whispered, "Just wait, I'll visit you as soon as my training ends here. Who cares what the old man thinks?" He winked at Jungkook.
Jungkook laughed and nodded in understanding.

After saying his goodbyes to Jimin and Mr. Park, he sat in the carriage. Jungkook waved one last time at Jimin before the carriage began its journey back to the Jeon Kingdom.

_
__________________________________________________________________________________

Hope you enjoyed the chapter.

Please show some love for the book by:
*Voting
*Commenting

Follow my account to get notified of the updates.

Love you❤️❤️
Bye.