SEVENTEEN

As they arrived at the village, Jimin's excitement was palpable. He eagerly took in the sights and sounds around him, a wide grin on his face. In contrast, Taehyung, who was seated behind Jungkook with his hands wrapped tightly around his waist, appeared anxious. The village held memories for him-some pleasant, some painful.

The villagers, engrossed in their daily routines, paid little attention to the arriving horses. Taehyung felt a wave of relief wash over him; he didn't want to confront those who had failed to help him in his time of need. But he reminded himself that the past was behind him,

"So, Taehyung, where is your gra-" Jimin started to ask, but Jungkook quickly cut him off.

"Lover's house," Jungkook interjected smoothly. He glanced over his shoulder to see Taehyung fidgeting with his fingers, clearly nervous.

"Taehyung?" Jungkook said gently, offering a reassuring smile to ease Taehyung's anxiety. After a few moments, Taehyung finally responded, "I-it's near the market."

"Oh okay, let's go!" Jimin announced, urging his horse forward. Jungkook followed suit, but he caught the hushed whisper behind him, "He's not my lover anymore." This made his heart flutter, and a smile crept onto his lips.

They soon reached Bogum's house and stopped their horses in front of it. Jungkook was the first to dismount, his hands reaching up to gently help Taehyung down from the horse. He placed him carefully on the ground, their eyes meeting for a brief moment.

"So, this is your lover's house," Jimin said, hands on his hips.

Jungkook's annoyance was clear. "Hyung, he's not his lover anymore, so stop saying it!"

"Okay, okay, Mr. Handsome. I'll stop," Jimin replied with a smirk, teasing him. "But why are you so jealous, huh?"

Jungkook rolled his eyes, trying to hide the blush creeping up his cheeks. Taehyung stood quietly between them, feeling a mix of emotions as he looked at the familiar house.

Jungkook's face turned red as he saw Taehyung looking at him confusedly. "I'm not j-jealous, Hyung," he stammered. Without waiting for a reply, he started to drag Taehyung towards the door, Jimin following them with a laugh.

Jungkook knocked on the door, and Taehyung's hands were sweating as they waited for it to open. The anticipation hung thick in the air, and Taehyung's heart raced with every passing second.

As the door opened, a woman stood there, looking puzzled to see three young men on her doorstep. Taehyung was equally confused by her presence.

"Uhhh, who are you?" both the woman and Taehyung asked simultaneously, their confusion mirroring each other.

The woman's suspicion grew as she wondered why a man was questioning her at her own door. Taehyung quickly decided to clarify, "I'm Bogum's friend, and we're here to visit him."

The woman's face softened slightly. "Oh, Bogum isn't here right now," she said. "He left for the market earlier. Would you like to come in and wait for him?"

The trio sat on the mats in front of the table, and the woman sat herself opposite them. An awkward silence settled in until Taehyung took the initiative to break it.