FIFTY FOUR

At the beginning of the game, Taehyung was quite nervous it was his first time playing with a stranger he used to play chess with jungkook quite a lot.

On the other hand kang didn't knew anything about chess at all he just started learning it few days ago he just wanted to test his skills but to hi bad luck Taehyung is quite skillful in chess all thanks to his husband.

As taehyung made his moves, kang was getting worried that he would fail, but of course, he didn't show it. It was 4am in the morning. kang was getting tired. He looked up from the game to see Taehyung fully focused he didn't even seem tired at all with all that journey,

Kang body was itching with tiredness. He couldn't wait any more, so he slammed his palms on the table, shaking all the figures in the game.

"Enough! I can't do this anymore. How long you plan to do this, don't you feel tired at all?"

............... Taehyung didn't understand what was happening he thought he did something wrong, so he quietly stared at kang.

"I quit." Saying these two words, kang got up from his chair and left the hall not before whispering sometimes to one of his guards.

"Wait! What about our deal?" Taehyung asked but got no answer his question got completely ignored.

The guard whom kang whispered something came ahead, "I will take you to dungeon."

Without wasting any second, Taehyung immediately follows him it was a long way to the dungeon hallways filled with darkness. the guard only had a lantern with him. It was creepy, but Taehyung braced himself and followed the guard closely.

Reaching at the stairways, Taehyung gulped and looked back, 'Is this a trap?' Shaking his head, he followed the footsteps of the guard ahead of him until they reached a door it was an old rusty hard wood door.

Guard put the lantern down and pulled the keys out of his pocket. Swiftly opened the lock and pushed open the door with a loud noise. Few rats ran outside and passed Taehyung shoes, causing him to scurry towards the hall. He almost puked, hating the sight of rats.

Stepping inside the dungeon, which Taehyung thought it would be a small room, it was like a big cave with cells all around. Taehyung ran his eyes all around until it fell on one cell. Their jungkook unconscious in the cell was strapped, with chains, his lips, and nose covered with dried up blood.

Seeing the sight of jungkook taehyung heart ripped apart. He never imagined jungkook would be in this state.'What did that kang bastard do?'

Guard opened the cell without paying any attention towards taehyung emotional state, who was on the verge of breaking down. Opening the cell guard stood outside and let taehyung enter.

Taehyung steps closer to jungkook, tears in his eyes as he runs his fingers over taehyung face he was opening the chains when Hara enters inside with a gasp behind her guards she wasted no second and immediately entered inside pushed taehyung aside and hugged jungkook.

"Oh my son, what did they do to you. How could you let them do this to you."

"Hey, hurry, come outside now." Guard glared at Hara and unchained jungkook, who was still unconscious. hara's guards immediately picked Jungkook's body bridal style, and the other one covered him with blankets.

Hara and her guards stepped outside without even looking back if taehyung even behind them or not. Taehyung simply sighed and turned to ask the guard, "Why is he unconscious did -"

"Highness gave him a poisonous drink, but don't worry, it's not fatal it won't affect his life he will wake up in two or three days."

Taehyung nodded his head and followed the guard outside. In the way the guard handed him a scroll, which Taehyung rember kang gave him. When they reached the main entrance guard, the guard immediately stood straight and bowed Taehyung couldn't see who he was bowing to so he stepped aside to see a woman standing in her beautiful gown with her maids standing behind her.

The woman stepped forward until taehyung could see her face clearly thanks to the lantern the guard was holding. She was beautiful like an angel. Taehyung opened in awe as he stared at the beauty in front of him. Her skin was glowing. He wanted to ask her name or anything, but the woman beat him to it.

"I finally met you. You are indeed beautiful, just like my husband described." She spoke softly with her sad eyes staring at taehyung face.

Taehyung tilted his head to the side, confused with the term husband, and it finally clicked, "kang! He is your husband?"

She smiled and looked down for a second before looking up, "You are so lucky. your husband loves  you a lot. Never leave his side."

"I will not." Taehyung nodded his head and heard his name from outside so quickly passed a smile and walked out of the gates.

......

The carriages were ready to set off his maid standing outside, waiting for him, but his eyes were searching for someone. Seeing no one in sight, he walked toward the maid and asked her,

"Where is jungkook?"

"Your Highness is in ma'am hara's carriage she said he would take good care of him." The maid simply replied.

Taehyung frowned and looked at the other carriage, "Your Highness, we are getting late. The sun is about to rise." The chauffeur called Taehyung sighed and thought there was no time to fight for such small things. Hara is Jungkook's mother, after all. So he stepped inside and sat beside haneul.

....................

In the middle of the journey, taehyung opened that scroll in it was written a trading agreement between two kingdoms signed by kang. Which means there will be no war.

He mostly stared outside the window, watching sunrise the most beautiful sight imagining how things would go on smoothly now. He prayed for jimin's mother and fell asleep.

After just fifteen minutes, he was woken up by a loud noise, and minutes later, carriage began to shake abruptly and didn't give a minute to taehyung to think properly, and the carriage crashed

Taehyung was knocked out for god knows how long he could hear the faint noise of haneul crying he tried opening his eyes, but couldn't his head was throbbing with pain. Faint noise of someone laughing and talking could be heard.

Suddenly, hot water was thrown into his face, causing him to wake up with a gasp. Squinting his eyes while gasping for air, he looked around, noticing his surroundings. He was tied up with a wall. haneul was lying on the ground his face had few scratches due to the carriage accident. Taehyung also could feel blood dripping from the side of his head. His ankle was strained, and it hurt badly.

Taehyung winced as he moved around his clothes were torn slightly. It was a small room with some rods and tools spread out. There was no one in the room beside taehyung and haneul.

Taehyung whimpered with tears running from his eyes, 'why always me why me what have I done to deserve this.' Taehyung thought to himself while struggling to free himself from the ropes.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

I feel bad for tae character but he will be soon out of  his misery.

VOTES|FOLLOW|COMMENT