FIFTEEN

"Finally, it's done. Just a few touch-ups, and it'll be complete," Jungkook announced, placing the palette on the table and wiping his hands with a piece of cloth.

"Really?! It's done?" As soon as Taehyung heard that the painting was complete, he immediately ran toward it to see Jungkook's talented work but crashed into a hard chest.

Jungkook quickly steadied him, placing his hands on Taehyung's waist. Taehyung looked up, his eyes wide with surprise.

"Your chest is so hard," Taehyung said, massaging his forehead and looking up. His breath hitched when he saw how close they were and immediately pulled back, saying, "Sorry."

Jungkook's heartbeat quickened, butterflies stirring in his stomach. He stared at Taehyung with loving eyes until Taehyung pulled away.

"Can I see it now?" Taehyung asked, his eyes hopeful.

Jungkook remembered why he had stopped Taehyung from seeing the painting—it was meant to be a surprise, a gift for Taehyung's birthday. "Not yet," Jungkook said gently. "I want it to be a surprise."

He then ordered the guard standing nearby to take the painting to his room.

Seeing this, Taehyung huffed and turned his face away, clearly annoyed that he couldn't see the painting. Jungkook found his reaction endearing and couldn't help but smile at the sight of Taehyung's pout.

Jungkook gently touched Taehyung's shoulder, trying to console him. "I promise you'll see it soon. Just be patient a little longer."

Taehyung sighed, still a bit upset but softened by Jungkook's words. "Alright, I'll wait," he said, though his voice carried a hint of disappointment.

Jungkook smiled warmly. "Good. Now, how about we take a walk? The gardens are beautiful this time of year."

Taehyung nodded, feeling his mood lift a bit. They started walking through the garden, admiring the flowers and the tranquil atmosphere. As they strolled, Jungkook made an effort to keep the conversation light and cheerful, talking about the different plants and their meanings.

After a while, Taehyung felt more relaxed and even started to enjoy himself. He glanced at Jungkook, appreciating the prince's effort to cheer him up. "Thank you," Taehyung said softly.

Jungkook looked at him, a bit puzzled. "For what?"

"For everything. For being kind to me, for saving me, and for... for making me feel special," Taehyung admitted, his cheeks turning a light shade of pink.

Jungkook's heart swelled with affection. "You are special, Taehyung. Don't ever doubt that."

..............

Few days later

"My Queen, what did you do? You have to act calmly... because of that incident, you're locked here!" The man said, heavily sighing. "Because of your actions, my whole plan is ruined." He looked at the queen, who was sitting on the bed, glaring at him, tired of his bickering.

"I was going according to the plan, but seeing that whore's face and Junghyun showing interest in him... it's just... I can't handle it!" the queen said, standing up from the bed and walking towards the window.