FORTY NINE

In a calm, peaceful morning, everyone in the village was asleep. Some were getting ready for work while some already left their home. It was strangely quiet horse neigh was heard from afar and a loud manly scream heard after that.

Everyone alerted to the scream and reached the place where it was heard. People started gathering around three bodies, which were lying beside each other, and they were all missing their heads.

Horrified by the scene, infornt of them people began leaving the scene one by one mostly women. Men stayed back, and soon, the guards reached there, who were patrolling around. One of them patted the bodies with his hand to find something, and he indeed found a paper clipped on one man's clothes, which were soaked in blood.

He opened the note and read it his eyes grew large, reading what was written inside of it. "I will go back to the Palace until then take care of this." The guard said to his other companion, and before getting on his horse back, he looked again toward the bodies and left

The other guard shooed the people away and started patrolling the area. On the other hand, inside the palace, everyone was still asleep servants were getting the breakfast and doing their daily chores. Until a horse arrived at the gates and a guard came running inside.

"Where is the advisor? I have something important." He shouted, looking here and there but only seeing maids. He went to one and asked her the same question.

It was his first time inside the palace. He wasn't the palace guards, so no one was taking him seriously and ignored him completely. He felt hopeless and shouted once again, which received him nothing but only glares from the Palace guards and were ready to throw him out.

As they were walking him out forcefully, namjoon arrived there seeing the ruckus. He looked at the man who was taken out and recognised him as he had seen him before. "Stop!! What are you doing to him."

"Sir, he was causing a scene here, that's why -"  as one of the guards was explaining the situation, namjoon cut him off and instead glared at him. "Let him in. Now!"

The guards immediately released him and went back to their post. The man fixed his uniform and followed namjoon inside the office.

"What do you have for me?" Namjoon asked as he sat on the chair, and the guard immediately placed the note on the table and explained the whole situation. In which namjoon abruptly opened the note and read it. After asking the name of the guard, he dismissed him and straightly walked towards Jungkook's room.

Jungkook was already awakened due to the commotion, which happened shortly, and was reading a book beside him. Taehyung was still sleeping. Hearing the loud knock on the door, Jungkook furrowed his brows and thought, 'Who is this stupid person to knock this loudly disturbing his husband's sleep?'

Setting the book aside, he stood up tying his robe he opened the door to see namjoon. "Why are you knocking so loudly what happened?"

"I'm sorry for the inconvenience, but there is something you need to see urgently."

Hearing the not so calm voice of namjoon. Jungkook heart starts beating fast he closes the door behind him and leaves with namjoon towards his office. Walking inside namjoon closed the door behind him. He handed the note to Jungkook, who first looked at namjoon's face, but seeing no emotions on it, he opened the folded piece of paper.