THIRTEEN

Jungkook knew what his father meant when he asked him to come to the study. Junghyun had given some paperwork to his son to complete. "Here, Father, the paperwork you asked for. I completed it." Jungkook placed the scrolls of paper on the table.

"Good, son. I knew you'd do it in no time." Junghyun smiled, praising his son. Jungkook felt his heart flutter, hearing the praise from his father. He felt proud of himself.

"So... you're staying here for the whole night?" Jungkook tried to start the conversation, hoping his father would not just shoo him away like he always did. Junghyun looked up from the papers, his expression softening slightly. "Yes, I have some matters to attend to," he said,

"Okay.... Uhmmm goodnight." As I was making my way out of his office with a smile. I heard him calling me. Son, here, sit with me. I want to talk to you." Jungkook turned around to see his father stand up from his chair, sit on the sofa placed in the corner beside the window, and pat the seat beside him.

Jungkook followed his father's instructions and sat beside him, waiting for him to say something. After a few minutes, Junghyun sighed and looked up, his expression thoughtful.

"Jungkook, I've been hard on you, and I know it," Junghyun began,

"I'm sorry son, that I never paid attention to you whenever you needed me I wasn't there for you when you needed my praising, my encouragement and now your mom is behaving like this it's all my fault you're all grown up. One day you'll be the king of this kingdom." Father looked at me with a sad smile.

At first, jungjook was shocked hearing his father saying these things, and, indeed true, jungkook always looked upon him and needed his praise and encouragement, but he was never there and now his father apologizing to him.

Jungkook didn't speak for a moment, the king stood up standing in front of the window looking outside at the shining moon.

Jungkook sighed shakily and said, "I don't know why you're saying this now but I want to say that you were my hero you were my role model and still are. Not only that, but I don't know why you neglected me when I was young but I know you had your reasons so I forgive you, Father." He smiled looking at his father's back who was still staring out the window.

"You're the best thing that ever happened to me. On the day of your birth, I was the happiest man in the world. I'm so proud of you son." Junghyun turned around and pulled Jungkook into a hug which was full of warmth.

Jungkook couldn't understand what happened for a second. Father was acting strangely the minute he entered his study. Nonetheless, he hugged him back with a big smile.

"You're the best father too," jungkook replied to which Father chuckled pulled out from the hug and ruffled my hair.

"Father, I'm sorry to ask this, but what is the cause of Mother's behaviour? She wasn't like this from the start." Jungkook saw his father's smile fall off as soon he mentioned his mother.

"Again it was my fault. That's why I'm repenting by tolerating her behaviour. I'll tell you one day when the time is right. I'll tell you everything." Junghyun said and sat on his chair continuing with his paperwork.

Jungkook nodded his head and started making his way out of the doorway as he was passing through the door of his mother's chamber, he heard some hush voices like someone was there in the chamber.