TWELVE

Taehyung was strolling in the hallways, humming a tune he learned from Bogum. As he turned the corner, he crashed into a solid chest. "Ow..." he muttered, rubbing his forehead. When he looked up, his breath hitched. He was met with dark charcoal eyes staring right into his.

"Watch where you're going," a deep voice rumbled.

"I-I'm sorry," Taehyung stammered, stepping back quickly. His eyes widened in recognition. It was Prince Jungkook.

"It's fine," Jungkook replied, his expression softening slightly as he noticed the fear in Taehyung's eyes. "Are you alright?"

"Y-yes, I'm fine," Taehyung said, trying to steady his racing heart. He couldn't believe he had just bumped into the very person he had been hoping to thank. "I didn't see you there."

Jungkook gave a small nod. "What's your name?" Jungkook asked, his curiosity piqued.

"Taehyung, my prince," he replied, his voice steadying.

"Be more careful next time." Jungkook started to walk away, but Taehyung found his voice just in time.

"Wait!" he called out, causing Jungkook to turn back. "I-I wanted to thank you. For saving me."

Jungkook's eyes softened further. "There's no need to thank me. Just take care of yourself."

Taehyung nodded, feeling a mixture of relief and gratitude. As Jungkook walked away, he couldn't help but smile. This brief encounter left him feeling lighter, his heart fluttering with an unfamiliar excitement.

Taehyung was back in the kitchen, helping Seokjin prepare for the evening meal. His hands moved mechanically, but his thoughts were elsewhere. Seokjin noticed Taehyung's distraction and nudged him playfully.

"What's got you so lost in thought today, Taehyung?" Seokjin asked with a knowing smile.

Taehyung blinked, snapping back to reality. "Oh, nothing... just thinking," he replied, trying to sound nonchalant.

"Thinking about the prince, perhaps?" Seokjin teased, his eyes twinkling with mischief.

Taehyung's cheeks flushed red. "How did you know?"

"Your face gives everything away," Seokjin chuckled. "Don't worry, it's perfectly normal to be a bit starstruck. The prince does have that effect on people."

Taehyung nodded, feeling slightly embarrassed. As the evening approached, Taehyung felt a growing sense of anticipation. He wondered if he would see Jungkook again during dinner. When it was time to serve the meal, Taehyung's heart raced as he carried a tray of dishes to the dining hall.

Entering the room, Taehyung's eyes instinctively searched for Jungkook. He spotted the prince seated next to the king, engaged in a conversation. Taehyung carefully placed the dishes on the table, trying to remain unnoticed.

However, Jungkook's gaze soon found him. Their eyes met briefly, and Jungkook offered a small, reassuring smile. Taehyung's heart skipped a beat, and he quickly averted his gaze, focusing on his task.

After the meal, Taehyung cleaned the table and went back to the kitchen. The routine tasks kept him busy. As the nightfall deepened, he finally finished his duties and returned to his room.