SIXTY ONE

As evening descended and the shadows lengthened, Jungkook remained vigil at Taehyung's bedside, his hand clasped tightly in his own. The weight of their shared history hung heavy in the air, mingling with the bittersweet scent of fading

Jungkook's heart skipped a beat as Taehyung's fingers entwined with his own, a glimmer of hope flickering to life within him. He held his breath, his eyes fixed on Taehyung's face, willing him to wake up, to come back to him.

And then, as if in response to his silent plea, Taehyung's eyelids fluttered open, revealing eyes dulled with pain. Jungkook's breath caught in his throat, his own eyes brimming with tears of relief.

For a moment, time seemed to stand still as they gazed at each other, the weight of their shared love and history hanging heavy in the air. Jungkook wanted to say a million things—to express his love, his gratitude, his sheer disbelief at this miracle—but no words would come.

Instead, he simply squeezed Taehyung's hand tighter, Jungkook's voice trembled as he spoke, his heart overflowing with emotions too vast to express. "My love, Tae... how are you... what...?" His words faltered, his throat tight with the weight of his emotions.

Taehyung's gaze met his, a small smile playing at the corners of his lips, his eyes holding a depth of emotion that words could never convey. It was as if he wanted to say something, to reach out and reassure Jungkook, but his strength failed him, leaving only the silent language of their hearts to communicate.

In that moment, Jungkook felt a profound connection with Taehyung, as if their souls were speaking in whispers that only they could understand. He didn't need words to know that Taehyung was fighting, that he was clinging to life with every fiber of his being, and that he was here, with Jungkook, in this fleeting moment of respite from the storm raging within him.

And so, Jungkook simply held Taehyung's gaze, his own eyes brimming with unshed tears, his heart aching with a love so deep it felt like it could move mountains. In that silent exchange, they found solace, strength, and the unwavering certainty that no matter what lay ahead, they would face it together, hand in hand, heart to heart.

In that shared moment, it was as if time stood still, the chaos of the world fading into insignificance as they were enveloped by the purity of their love.

Jungkook saw in Taehyung's eyes a depth of emotion that mirrored his own, a reflection of the unwavering bond that had weathered countless storms and emerged stronger each time. There was no need for elaborate declarations or grand gestures—their love spoke volumes in the quiet intimacy of their shared gaze.

Taehyung's lips moved as he whispered,

"I love you. I'll wait for you."

And as the first rays of sunset bathed the room in a golden glow, Taehyung drew his last breath, his spirit finally at peace.  

Heavy silence descended upon the room, suffocating Jungkook with its weight. The reality of his loss crashed over him like a tidal wave, drowning him in a sea of grief and despair.

Jungkook's world shattered into a million fractured pieces, each shard cutting deeper into his soul, tearing him apart from the inside out. He felt as though he were trapped in a nightmare from which he could never awaken, a relentless torment that threatened to consume him whole.