TWENTY THREE

Once, Jungkook's horse made its way towards the entrance of the palace. He stopped his horse and went dow first, and reached his hands up to help Taehyung to get down. He didn't let go off Taehyung's waist and looked at him with worried gaze.

When Taehyung raised his eyes, he saw that Jungkook was already watching him, he tried to smile but couldn't. He therefore, said silently, "My prince, I must go now. Thank you for the ride. Take care."

After bowing his head, he made his way to the palace door, not letting Jungkook talk and fled to his room.

When Jungkook entered the palace, he begin to look at the direction in which Taehyung went.

"Jungkook." Hearing his name being called, he look back to see his mother standing watching him with a confused look. "What are you doing here, my dear? Do you need something?" The Queen asked with a small smile as she approached Jungkook who had just said, "No mother, I was just walking around. I was getting bored in my room."

The queen nodded her head, pretending like she just didn't see Taehyung with Jungkook on a horse a while ago. "Well Jungkook...... There is something I want to talk with you.Come with me." Hara said while watching Jungkook who just nodded his head and started walking besides his mother, head lowered down thinking about Taehyung.

The Queen looked behind her shoulder towards the hallway where Taehyung went and smirked.

................

"Here sit. Do you want some tea?" Hara asked when she sat in front of his son, putting her hands on the teapot that a maid just placed a few minutes ago.

"No! Mother, I'm fine, what do you want to tell me?" Jungkook asked whilst getting comfortable in the chair.

"Oh yes! As you know, Jungkook, your father is getting older. His health is not good either. Physician Sung said that his body showing some signs of disease that he could not recover from. So, for you being a future king, we want your coronation to be celebrated as soon as possible but for that,.......... you must get married first and-" The queen couldn't complete her sentence when Jungkook interrupted her.

"How come you haven't told me about the father health before! I never knew his health was getting too serious. Why did you hide it from me!" Jungkook spitted furiously as he stood up from the seat, looking at his mother, who was quietly sipping her tea.

"Jungkook take a seat , that's not how you speak to your mother. Where are you manners!" But Jungkook simply ignored her and stood there glaring at her mother, in which Hara sighed and rose as well.

She put her hands on Jungkook's cheeks and said, "Son, it was your father's decision not to tell you. He felt it would be better not to make you worry. Okay, so calm down. Your mother tried her best to take care of your father, but his illness is becoming too dangerous. Your father called me yesterday to talk about your wedding ,and we have decided that you will get married in two months." As the queen stopped to look her son's reaction, she was met by a glare his son gave her.

She added, "your father and I have decided that you'll marry princess rosé of the park clan and.......... she will be coming over next month. So, you'll try to spend some time with her........I want you to show her around the kingdom. She is a nice girl. She is suitable for a Queen." Hara sat down and picked the cup from the table and took a sip from it, enjoying the taste of tea.