Blue

The day holds onto its chill late into the morning, but vacationers line the beaches in bikinis and sandals. The area bustles with screams of laughter and the crashing of waves against the shore. Jimin smiles fondly at the scene below him from his perch, the balcony of their hotel room.

It's a beautiful resort, catering to the many tourists that flock to the beach at first sight of the sun. Even when it's rays are depressed by the chill of a winter breeze the blue of the ocean invites them in, if only to dip their toes in the sand or find a shell to call a souvenir. They're welcomed by the dazzling glassy turquoise of the resort walls and blinded by its white borders and frames, tall fountains leading their way to a grand entrance and raining crystal waters that glow a multitude of brilliant colors at night. What a sight that must be, but Jimin doesn't know that he'll make it to see for himself.

It's nearly 10am and the minutes feel like they're screaming for him to run.

Clutching the railing with both hands and hoping the water has an answer Jimin stares into the endless blue, wondering how it's possible that the weight of the world is on his shoulders with such beauty right before him. His skin is crawling with anxiety and his heart remains in his stomach, but there's nothing he can do. He can't leave Marius alone, not here. Not when this trip is their chance to be together, to connect. Not when arms circle his waist and pull him close, sharing a warmth that Jimin hadn't warranted.

It would be so easy to be in love with Marius. They don't share a messy history that caters to trust issues. The past doesn't scream at him with every glance, every thought, every mention. Memories don't keep him awake at night tossing and turning and mulling over changes that will never come to pass. There is nothing but pure opportunity before them, a future full of anything he could possibly imagine. But Jimin doesn't know if he can convince himself into believing he really wants it anymore.

Optimism doesn't get anybody anywhere without the heart giving it everything it's got.

Marius ignores the tension in the others shoulders, or maybe he doesn't feel it. Jimin wonders how much the other notices and how long he's willing to wait for something, anything, to change in their relationship or in his heart. It could take a lifetime, or so he comes to realize in the moment. At best his feelings could remain the same, so very indifferent, for the entirety of this getaway trip and that would be much too long.

Marius could be anyone, but nobody could ever be Jungkook.

"I have to go."

The words leave Jimin's lips in a whisper, but it's all that's necessary. The arms around him release, receding just like the ocean tide several meters before them. He waits for the crash of a response, anger perhaps.

Marius stands still, contemplating the words and possible scenarios to come from such a statement. He decides that it's nothing good, it mustn't be after all that he's come to know of Jimin. Without a word he draws out the far chair from the small table that decorates the balcony, an eyebrow quirked with visible concern. He motions for the other to take a seat across from him near the door, but the offer is declined.

Jimin shakes his head, keeping his gaze locked on the waves and rocking on his heels. This is more confrontational than he's used to from Marius already. "S-something came up." He says through teeth bitten lips, hoping to soften the words just enough for them not to sting.

"Something came up? What does that mean?" Marius doesn't let his words carry a bite, floating them innocently on his tongue. Patience is all it's going to take, right? Jimin is careful, that's all. He leans forward in his seat, hands folding on the table in front of him. The blonde watches his boyfriend shuffle from one foot to the other, his own masked expression clouding into one of despair. Such a grand transition from the false confusion that previously held it. There's nothing confusing about rejection, especially not when it's coming from such a neglectful relationship. "Wait, don't go." He tumbles the words out in a slurry as Jimin backs away. "Explain it to me so I understand. I thought we were spending the weekend together."