Sleep Talker

A/N: I could leave this as a note at the end of this chapter, but before you read the next part to this story, I need to tell you...

You make me happy. So happy. I cried many times while reading your comments. You guys, just.. Thank you, because even when you didn't know what was wrong, you still took time to wish me well.. And, just by knowing that you guys are here to encourage me always.. It's hard to explain for some reason. Getting the notifications and reading them throughout my day felt like freedom. Is that weird? I'm sorry.. I needed to cry, so Thank You! Thank you for being wonderful.. ❤️

Okay, I shouldn't post a whole rant about MY emotions here when this is a totally serious emotional part of Jimin and Jungkook's Story! Lets get onto the chapter! ❤️

-///-

The worst part about falling asleep with something troubling your mind is the way that it wakes you with a jolt of ice cold fear in your veins. It's similar to the feeling of falling, startled awake by the sensation of impending death at any moment. Except, Jungkook isn't afraid of losing his life, of death. He's afraid of losing Jimin.

He's comforted each time that he wakes suddenly. Jimin is still encased warmly in his arms, breathing steadily in his sleep. A smile will lift Jungkook's lips as he snuggles a bit closer to the smaller boy and the same wave of relief washes over him. The relief is only temporary, because as soon as his eyes close, he's afraid again.

Jungkook doesn't mean to, but he whimpers out loud. It's hard. Of course it's hard. He's been surviving on such little sleep and to finally have a chance to catch just a couple hours of rest, he should be overjoyed. Instead, his overactive mind diminishes all chances he could of ever hoped to have. Soon, sleep deprivation may turn into temporary insanity. Temporary insanity may lead to hospitalization, confinement, losing Jimin. He'll lose Jimin, asleep or wide awake and crazy. Jungkook's throat feels like it might constrict. He blinks rapidly in the dark, why is it so dark?, not realizing he's holding the other tighter to his chest in the process of losing his mind.

It's not until Jimin shuffles slightly in his arms that Jungkook notices his subconscious actions and lessens his strength around the smallers frame. Husky, cute, and almost transparent from just being woken up, Jimin squeaks a tiny, "Mm, Bunny?" into the silence of the room.

It's so precious, Jungkook feels emotional again, as if the feeling of emotion electrifying every nerve inside of his body is becoming a normality. He doesn't respond, faking a state of unconsciousness instead and hoping that his continued silence can convince Jimin back to sleep. No more words are spoken and Jungkook sighs softly, relaxing back against the other. He should try to rest, take another catnap before he's frightened awake. If it's between sleep, the option that will at the very least keep him able bodied, and no sleep, which will almost certainly drive him mad, nodding off sounds pretty damn appealing. He lets his eyes close again and combats the vicious thoughts that attack him. He's going to be gone when you open your eyes again. He's planning his way out right now. They fade into black as finally, sleep clouds his senses.

The next thing Jungkook can consciously remember is cool hands on his cheeks. He blinks his eyes open and squints this time in dim lighting that he wasn't expecting in the least. A tiny lamp illuminates their dreary surroundings, but Jimin's worry lines between his sorrowful eyes are the only things Jungkook can see.

"You okay?" Jungkook asks, bewildered. He squints at Jimin with one eye, still trying to adjust to the lighting changes.

Jimin huffs. His hands lower, one sliding back around Jungkook's middle and the other holding the tallers chin between two fingers. He's watching Jungkook's expression intently, searching for something he can't seem to find in the man's lidded eyes. "You were saying stuff." Jimin whispers.