Flutter

Jungkook stares at the wall with glazed eyes, suddenly choosing to close them to press back emotion once again. It bubbles up into his throat and makes it impossible for him to respond, but Jimin presses into his shoulder with a comforting hum in tune with a small giggle.

"Don't cry anymore. My eyes hurt so much already." Jimin mutters so gently it sounds like cotton candy on Jungkook's ears.

It's almost strange, surprising to hear such a lighthearted tone beside him. Jungkook chuckles at Jimin's words in a choked voice and he quickly brushes away the drops at the corners of his eyes. "You can trust me, you know that." He says in a small voice. It's an acknowledgement, not just a statement. His heavy heart feels so much lighter. His lungs feel as if they've discovered their purpose for the first time. "I don't want us to cry either," Jungkook clatters the words out quickly. "It just means a lot to me to hear you say that you trust me."

"I do trust you." Jimin lays his head on the youngers shoulder and he breaths out softly. It's always been so comforting to be in Jungkook's warm presence, and he's always felt so safe and loved held in the others embrace. Jimin doesn't have any choice but to trust Jungkook entirely, with every fiber of his being. It's so easy to be convinced by the man's handsome face and doughy eyes watching him with such deep love and concern. Jungkook's love is overwhelming most of the time, but if Jimin can be honest with himself, there's truly no way he could survive without it. "I still have to pee." He mutters suddenly, bluntly stabbing at the heavy topic of conversation. He feels better somehow.

Jungkook smiles softly. It's time for him to take Jimin's hints and latch onto a happier mood. The point of him trying so hard is to gain the smallers smile again, to blend their paths together again. He shouldn't be letting his emotions get the best of him, knowing that they fuel the guilty fire Jimin continues to feed inside of his mind. "I forgot." He moves to stand up, rambling as he does, "Let's go then. I'll start the bath, and I promise, I won't look directly at you, if that helps you feel any better." Jungkook nods his head once with his statement, affirmatively.

Jimin watches his boyfriend climb up from the bed. He sits back on his heels and can't help but to grin. Jungkook's hand extends towards him and he finds determination in the man's expression as their eyes meet. How does Jungkook manage to glow so bright in such poor lighting? How does he manage to smile as if it's Christmas Day when he's seeing nothing but a tired face crouched on a bed before him? Why does the love in Jungkook's eyes say Jimin so loudly? The smaller wraps his fingers around the others waiting palm. Their chests meet as he joins Jungkook on the floor and Jimin feels nervous, heartbeat quick like the flutter of hummingbird wings. "You can look at me." He whispers. "Really, it's okay."

With Jimin's hand still in his palm, Jungkook's fingers flutter around the smallers own. His brows scrunch up with uncertainty, but his voice doesn't question it. A slow nod follows and Jungkook stumbles once on his feet before leading them to the bathroom. He pauses at the door with the doorknob still in his grasp. His eyes form the question he wants to ask and Jimin seems to notice how cautious he's trying to be. It's amusing to the smaller, he can tell. "Do you want to do your business alone first? I can wait for-"

"Jungkook."

"Yes?"

"Please relax. You're more on edge than I am." Jimin states the obvious and the air is polluted with honesty once again as he tries to unload the weight on the others heart. He himself is carrying so much baggage around and after one unload, the sensation of feeling lighter is like an addictive high. He wants to feel it more. Jimin craves emotional support suddenly and his head is frighteningly quiet. He knows that it's time for him to give Jungkook exactly what he's been given, what he's been shown all this time. Unconditional love. Emotional support. Honesty. "I'm alright. I mean, I feel terrible, yeah. I still feel guilty. But, like I said, I trust you."

Jungkook flips through the others words in his head, trying to understand completely. The undertone of conversations are sometimes the most important insight you can gather of another person. He's finding nothing but genuine emotions meant to comfort and a warm blanket wraps around his heart. Jungkook pulls open the door and Jimin's eyes gleam up at him as the smaller shuffles slowly inside, treading backwards.

Jimin waits silently for Jungkook to close the door. His legs bounce beneath him and he can feel his cheeks heating up. The bathroom is a small, cramped sort of a space. Tiles peel up at their corners beneath their socked feet. The bowl of a sink meets Jimin's lower back as he makes space for Jungkook to stand comfortably inside of the room. With the toilet in sight, his bladder is screaming.

"I'll run the water." Jungkook nods and turns his body away, shifting to open enough space for the other to pass for access to relieve himself. He keeps his back turned, bending down to reach the bathtub faucet. It's a decent sized tub, more than he would really expect from an old, shabby motel. With the relaxing chamomile scented bubble bath he purchased to add to the water, Jimin might enjoy it. That's all he can hope for after all. The bubbles form quickly atop the water as the hot stream from the faucet provokes them. Jungkook smiles when a cold hand touches his arm. Jimin is smiling too and he could melt into a puddle just watching the others cheeks rise high enough to press his eyes almost closed.

"Is the water warm? It's cold from the sink." Jimin mumbles, looking curious.

Jungkook nods. "It's perfect, mochi." He scans the others features quickly. Like you. Perfect like you. He doesn't say what he's thinking, because Jimin can read the words right from his eyes when they meet. Jungkook bites his lip, reaching out for Jimin's hand. "I don't want it to get cold for you." He says to imply for them to begin. Jimin's fingers intertwine with his own.

"Lets get undressed then." Jimin whispers, changing the mood between them without so much as a warning.

Jungkook's brows furrow. "B-both of us?"

Jimin nods, as if it were the plan all along. It may have been, fate winds its twisted web quite fortunately sometimes. "I'll feel better if you join me." 

-///-

A/N: Muah. I love you. Hugs and kisses for you all <3 You are wonderful, beautiful, and adored. I love you so much~

If you are reading this right now, I want you to know that you impact my life in ways I could probably never be capable of explaining. I am so grateful for you.

I've had a bad couple of days, but it's always better when I'm here to post for you guys. Is that weird? I feel so relieved to write and to update and to know that maybe I'm making somebody happy if only for a moment. That feeling is such a blessing to me. So, thank you for allowing me to feel this way. My authors notes are too long, forgive me.