Pillow

"You should really sleep, Jimin. You feel hot. Your head is hot." Jungkook presses his cheek against Jimin's exposed forehead, trying his best to take the smallers temperature without a mechanism to do so. Jimin is definitely hot, his fringe damp with minimal sweat. The room is warm, but Jimin is too warm.

Jimin huffs, the sound followed by another shallow sniff. It's been quiet for a while, neither breaking the silence after the bout of spilled emotions. Jimin still feels confused, wary, dirty, and sad. But, he can't ignore his most heightened emotion. Guilt. He feels so fucking guilty, because yet again he's found a way to make Jungkook suffer on his account. "Sleep with me." Jimin mumbles, voice sounding raw from the previous emotional assault. His head does hurt, and he's so tired it makes him nauseous. He's aware of the fever he's certain he's ill with, and the weakness of his muscles scream for him to relax into Jungkook's hold while he slumbers. "I won't run away." Jimin mutters, and he really does mean it. His mind, body and soul are so tired of pushing Jungkook away, he lets himself feel safe again. The muffled cry inside his head, the one calling him selfish for allowing this after almost getting away, says it's piece. Jimin's guilt expands on its lies once again.

Jungkook bites his bottom lip, the others statements making him nervous rather than comforted. Of course he'd love to believe that Jimin will stay with him, but he's not about to let his guard down so easily. He doesn't want to tell a lie, but knowing that the truth will make Jimin feel bad, Jungkook simply nods. "Sure, Mochi."

Mochi. The endearment, the way that Jungkook calls out the word as if it's Jimin's name. The smaller feels his heart well up with emotion again. It's an unexpected feeling that would make his knees feel weak if he were standing. Jimin's heart flutters and he nearly chokes on the sudden ball in his throat. What is this? He's overtired and emotionally exhausted. Completely spent in every way, yet his heart finds wings in the simplicity of a cute pet name he's heard a million times before. Jimin knows that Jungkook won't sleep, not with how on edge he's been made to feel. He's been through so much, but he's here. They're both here, wherever here might be. It feels like home, safety, and love. It's love, the feeling of being loved is overwhelming Jimin now and for just a moment he can recognize it. He can feel Jungkook's heart in the strong arms that hold him and the fingers that gently stroke his back.

The last thing Jimin wants to do in this moment is move from Jungkook's embrace, but with reluctance from both himself and the taller, he drags his limbs up from the bed on shaky legs.

"Where are you going?" Jungkook sits up quickly, dropping one leg off of the side of the bed to make contact with the floor. He wishes he wasn't so on edge, but he can't help feeling nervous whenever Jimin moves away from him.

Jimin doesn't respond, instead rubbing at his sleepy eyes as he stumbles towards a closet door. He swings it open and retrieves a single pillow from a higher shelf, clutching the item to his chest and turning around again to saunter back towards the bed. Jungkook his watching him with knitted brows and Jimin manages a small smile, climbing onto the mattress and placing the pillow at the edge. "I can tuck this pillow in beside me," Jimin starts to explain, a tiny pout on his slightly chapped lips. "So that you can feel less nervous about me running away. So, you can sleep and not be afraid."

Still confused, not understanding how a pillow could possibly stop the smaller from getting away from him, Jungkook continues watching Jimin curiously. The other shuffles around for a moment, settling himself under the covers on the bed. He looks up at Jungkook expectantly, waiting for him to lay down again and join him beneath the blanket. The younger nods, sinking back down into the spring filled mattress that groans with their every move. He opens his arms for Jimin and his heart grows ten times bigger when the boy he loves more than anything in the world curls back into his waiting hold, keeping his word and pulling the pillow along with him to place strategically behind his back. Jungkook smiles.

It's not about the fact that a pillow is incapable of containing a person willing to escape, even though the idea is cute enough to make Jungkook chuckle. Jungkook smiles because of the thoughtful actions of the boy breathing into his neck right now. He winds his arms protectively around Jimin and presses a slow, long and warm kiss against the small boys hot temple. He will take it, accept this solution whole heartedly if only to make Jimin feel accomplished. Jungkook breaths out a lengthy sigh, allowing his overspent muscles to relax. His heavy eyelids close as soon as tension releases from his limbs and he's already almost dreaming. Not quite, but he could be. Being with Jimin now, having found him with no odds on his side, it's a dream come true. Just to be at Jimin's side has always been a dream come true, no matter where it takes him. "I love you, so much." Jungkook whispers, unsure if the other is still conscious or not.

A soft hum is heard first, one of semi conscious nature. Jimin breaths in sharply, clenching his fingers around Jungkook's shirt as if he needs to hang on before he falls. He exhales his breath and his face buries again into the broad expanse of the tallers clothed chest. Jimin notices the material covering what he's used to feeling as bare skin against his cheek. Jungkook's shirt feels awkward and uninvited, but who is he right now to ask for it to leave the premises? "I love you, so much more." The conflicted, thoughtful, exhausted boy mutters as a response and he knows that now his words are exposed for analysis. The analysis he knows that Jungkook will meticulously perform. Just as he expects for the man to argue on his 'more' reply, the taller only laughs softly, the beautiful sound wafting over Jimin's senses like clouds bringing rain after a long drought. The melody of Jungkook's soft chuckle eases his nerves somehow, convincing him without much of an alerted mind that every little thing just might end up alright.

-///-

A/N: it's short, so so incredibly short, but I won't have any time to update tomorrow, unfortunately. A lot is going on right now. I don't want to burden you guys with the details of what's happened, but I'm going through a hard time right now and if I could just ask you guys to wish me luck to make it through this, I'd appreciate that level of positivity more than I could ever tell you. I'll be okay, I just don't handle these particular situations well and it's been effecting me more than I thought it might.

Just, positivity would be so wonderful! I love you all so very much! Thank you for reading and, again I'm so sorry that it's so short. Please, take care you guys. Stay safe, stay healthy ❤️