Ignore beach ghosts

"Should I tell him to fuck off before he gets any closer?" Yoongi rubs his hands together after brushing a few crumbs from his shirt. He's already moving to stand up.

Yugyeom is close enough to hear anything they say above a hushed whisper, so in just that, Seokjin leans forward to grab Yoongi's arm. "Sit back down. A plan is already set to ignore until he gets the message. Lets not be childish."

Yoongi's lips curl disapprovingly. He glances to Jimin who's eyes are watching him closely. A slight head shake from the other fully disappoints him. The thought of witnessing, or participating in a fight has been Yoongi's favorite distraction of the day, a day that hasn't been so pleasant for him. "Whatever. That's really lame."

"It sounds like a good idea to me." Namjoon shrugs. "We're supposed to tell ghost stories. I have a good one prepared." He looks at the man coming upon their spot on the beach. His footsteps are getting slower and he can tell that there's a bit of hesitance and uncertainty in this guys posture. His head is low and his eyes are downcast. Maybe it's the setting sun glaring in his face, but Namjoon can see a frown adorning his lips. "That dude doesn't look like he's coming over here to fight, anyway. Relax."

Hoseok's expression is mirroring his feelings inside. He wipes his sweaty palms on his folded knees. He can't help reminding himself of the way it had felt to be watched by this guy. "What is he coming over here for, then?"

"He's just being a creep." Jungkook mutters. He looks up again at Yugyeom and shifts Jimin in his lap again, pulling him to lean his back against his own chest. His arms circle around this boy perfectly and his chin fits like a puzzle piece in the crook of Jimin's neck. "Don't worry about a thing, my love." He whispers close to his ear. "We ignore. Just like you said."

Jimin's fingers fall gently on Jungkook's arms and he blinks up at a perfectly awful view of Yugyeom nearly at their gathering. He's so close now, whispering is useless. The unwanted presence stops only a couple yards away from the couple on the chair and he stands still for a moment. Maybe he's waiting to be acknowledged, but his only greeting is a blank stare heavily concentrated from Jimin.

Jungkook clears his throat, but he doesn't say anything. It's really quiet for a minute. A really long, painfully silent minute. Yoongi rolls his eyes at the new experience, completely finished with the ordeal and he looks at Taehyung.

"Pass me some chips, Tae." He's tempted to call them all idiots for changing the plan of action without letting him have any warning prior. He had a whole confrontation prepared with insults and nasty remarks to shut down any and all actions this guy could ever dream of taking against them. It's not his place to decide what's best, even if he thinks their decisions are useless. Ignoring a scumbag won't make them less of one. Showing them how powerless they are with a good fist to the face won't either, but at least they can learn something from it.

Taehyung obliges with a straight face, unsure of where he should put his emotions. He passes over a crumpling bag of chips to Yoongi, loud in the silent atmosphere. He looks at Hoseok and almost cringes. Taehyung nudges his boyfriend to make him look at him. "Beach ghosts aren't scary, I don't even think they exist." He raises his voice louder, trying to change any assumptions of the poorly controlled horror in Hoseok's expression.

Seokjin smiles at the way Taehyung catches onto situations so well. He's good at making quick excuses. "Yeah, Hobi. They don't exist. You want to know why?"

Hoseok flicks his eyes to Seokjin and even with his nerves still a bit on edge, he nods.

"It's because ghosts only go to unhappy places, like cemeteries or abandoned buildings and houses. The beach is too bright."

"Not at night." Hobi disagrees. He turns to look behind him at the sun sinking down, coming near to the waves of the ocean.

Namjoon shakes his head. "Not true, Jin. I've heard plenty of stories of ghost encounters on beaches around the world. Beaches are like ghostly hot spots."

Seokjin rolls his eyes. "Are you useful at all?"

"I speak the truth."

Hoseok sighs, loudly into the breeze picking up around them. He looks down at his hands, still sweating. "Okay, that's what I thought. Beach ghosts exist, babe. Can't we just go home now?"

Taehyung groans. "Joonie, why?" He leans forward to push Hoseok's arm, his tone exaggerated when he speaks again. "Maybe they exist, but they're not scary. Not like a ghost in your house or something."

Jimin suddenly cackles, making Hoseok jump. He flinches and his eyes shoot up to look at the source of laughter. Jimin is watching Taehyung with a teasing twinkle in his eyes. He looks to his boyfriend, the man shooting back a facade of innocence, so fake it's distracting. "What?"

Jimin scoffs after composing himself. "Tae, don't try to act like you don't remember."

"Jiminie, don't. That never happened." Taehyung mutters, whining a bit. His faked innocence suddenly turns into soft pleading. "I was tired."

Jungkook takes his side glance away from Yugyeom's close figure beside them, the man standing still like a horrific image from a horror film. It really gives him the creeps, but he's already found the undertone of self doubt, a sense of defeat in Yugyeoms shifting stare. Jungkook looks to Taehyung and raises an eyebrow in confusion. "What happened?" His fingers fiddle with the bottom hem of Jimin's shirt.

"He got scared of a ghost." Jimin announces to the group, ignoring the deflated expression on Taehyung's face when he does. It's only gentle teasing. "He might have cried a little bit."

"Jimin!"

"You saw a ghost? And you cried?" Hoseok widens his eyes dramatically, not because he's surprised at the act of what accusingly happened, but because of his boyfriends previous words of encouragement. "You're trying to comfort me, babe? You cried?" He catches the bit of hurt in Taehyung's eyes and his teasing lightens. "It's okay. That actually comforts me more than being told they're not scary. They are, right?"

"Sometimes. In houses, and creepy places." Taehyung whispers. His lower lip protrudes into a small pout and he leans against Hoseok's arm. "I didn't cry. I was tired, I said."

"You're so cute." Hoseok comments.

Yoongi grunts. "Guys seriously. Stop with the gross PDA."

"Jimin is literally sitting on Jungkook." Hoseok quirks an eyebrow up at his friend, watching the other for a response that doesn't come. He finds it a little strange that his 'PDA' with Taehyung is being commented on more than the overwhelming nature of it surrounding the two seated together in a single chair. He sighs. "Ah, whatever. Don't get jealous, get a man, Yoongi."

"Don't argue." Jimin groans. He's about to begin a small speech about how unimportant of a matter it is, a little upset by the look on Yoongi's face he had managed to catch when the other commented. He looked kind of betrayed. Yoongi isn't looking up at him, instead hiding behind the glare of his phone screen. Jimin feels a vibration beneath him and then Jungkook lifts him up a little to reach into his pocket. "Oh. It's your phone." Jimin laughs, moving to look back at his boyfriend a bit playfully.

Jungkook gives him a small smirk in response, knowing exactly where Jimin's mind is at. In the gutter, that's where. He looks at his phone and sees a new text message.

-///-

A/N: How creepy is Yugyeom, standing there like a real life stalker omg.. heh. Also I saw that great reminder comment that Tae saw a ghost and had to sleep in Jimin's bed. I uh.. I so needed to throw that in here a little. Thanks for the reminder my love! I love you guys as always and here is how I find a bit of a texting breakthrough. It may be a little unnecessary, just a warning. I just feel like I've been starving you on my YT channel gosh..