Story

Nothing but an orange slow surrounds the group on the beach. The waves crash in the dimming light and their voices grow hushed.

Taehyung is finding his smile again after Jimin's teasing. He starts to fix his posture and he's debating on if his own real life ghost story would be a good starting point for their story telling. He's not really sure if he actually saw anything that night, or if it was just his sleep deprived brain making an illusion of something that wasn't there. "We should have a campfire. Isn't that necessary for ghost stories?'

Yoongi scoffs, but he peeks up at the younger from his phone screen. "That's just really corny."

"Yeah and also, lets not mix Joonie and fire. Not tonight." Jimin laughs, poking fun at his scowling friend.

Namjoon huffs. "I'm not an idiot, Jimin. I'm smarter than you."

"I know. You're just really uncoordinated. I'm looking out for you, hyung." Jimin smiles and a small chuckle tags along behind it. He lets his teasing grin morph into a small smirk when Namjoon sighs in defeat, smiling back at him.

"Aish." Namjoon shakes his head.

"So," A voice whispers and a few heads snap towards the noise. Yugyeom moves his body forward a couple of steps, only using the bit of momentum to find a place to sit down. He crosses his legs and his gaze heavily falls onto Jungkook, eyes a little widened. The corner of his lip lifts, the attention of a few from the group riling him up. "Trying to act like I'm not here, huh?" Yugyeom raises an eyebrow with his question.

The eyes that had been taken by surprise slowly drift away from the invasive voice and they fall back into a new conversation of their own.

Yoongi, his feathers already ruffled by this guys precence, stands from his seat and he moves closer to his friends. He finds an empty chair and places it beside Jimin and Jungkook, ignoring their eyes on him as he does. He can feel the judgement, but he'll let them think what they want. Yoongi sets a barrier between Yugyeom and Jungkook, only glancing at Jimin who's watching him with the slightest knowing smile on his lips. He frowns back at him. "Whatever." He mumbles under his breath.

Jimin leans forward a bit to push Yoongi as he sits down, knowing that rough affection is the only kind the man will accept. He bites his lip to hold his smile when a coy smirk plays on Yoongi's. He's a good friend, protective in the most unrepeatable ways.

Seokjin speaks up to fill the momentary silence. "Who's going to start with a story. It's getting boring around here."

"I'll start." Taehyung sighs, lifting his chest up as he finally decides to recount the time he almost lost his life at the hands of a supernatural being that he may or may not of made up. It was scary enough to make his heart race and bring tears to his eyes he still doesn't want to admit to. He looks around to make sure all eyes are on him, even scanning the uninvited guest to observe his gazes whereabouts. He finds Yugyeom looking down and feels upset for a moment, shaking off the feeling and feeling stupid for it soon after. "Ah, okay. Listen. This is a true story."

Jimin giggles, earning a quickie glare from his friend. Taehyung starts to whine again before Jimin waves him off from it. "I'll be quiet. Tell your story."

"Thank you." Taehyung rolls his eyes. He clears his throat. "So it was late, Jiminie and I were still trying to study for a really important test."

"When was this?" Hoseok mutters the question.

Taehyung looks at him and smiles, observing a hint of jealousy in his boyfriends tone. It makes him feel a little bittersweet to see Hoseok feeling jealousy over such a mediocre thing such as studying with another friend, but he shrugs it off for now. "Sometime last year."