Explain

"If you really think you're going to sneak your stupid ass back in here and just go to sleep, I will actually hit you in your face."

"Yoongi, what the fuck?" Hoseok mutters.

"Shut up, I want answers. Why did police come? Where's Jungkook's dad?"

Jimin sighs softly as he pushes the bedroom door closed behind him. He hides his injured hand when a light comes on. It's the lamp beside the bed and a sleepy Jungkook is rubbing at his eyes.

"We saw them from the window, the police. Their flashing lights lit up the whole room." Namjoon begins to explain. "Yoongi went to investigate and saw you sitting on the couch with Jungkook's Mom. You talked to the cops for a long time, Jimin. What happened?"

"We didn't think it was necessary to blow our own covers if you were safe, so we mostly stayed up here and waited for you to come back." Hoseok continues.

Jungkook sighs from his bed, pushing the blankets away from him and climbing up from its warmth. "Did he hurt you?" He asks as he approaches Jimin still standing beside the door. Jungkook reaches out his hands to cup the others face, turning it slowly to check for anything out of the ordinary. "Mochi, are you hurt?"

"I-I'm fine." Jimin stutters. He presses his hand against the wall behind him and leans softly against it, but the slightest pressure makes him sink his teeth into his bottom lip to keep himself from crying out. "He didn't hit me." He mumbles when the wave of pain finishes its course.

"He didn't?"

"No." Jimin looks down at his feet to avoid the several eyes on him. He shakes his head for emphasis on his statement. "No, he didn't hit me. I hit him."

Taehyung stands up from the floor. "You hit him? Where?"

Jungkook lets his hands fall back to his side. "You really hit him?"

"He was angry, he was coming towards me really fast."

"Did you punch him?" Yoongi asks, excitedly.

Jimin nods. "In the face."

The others fall silent for a moment, awestruck. Seokjin finally comments, "Did you aim for his nose?"

"Unfortunately."

Jungkook knits his eyebrows together. "Love, stop being so vague and tell us what happened. You hit him in the nose? Did it make him even angrier? Did he cry?"

"Why did the police come?" Namjoon adds.

"Okay, alright. I'll tell you guys everything, but can I sit down for a minute first."

"Are you tired?" Jungkook whispers, snaking his arm around Jimin's waist and pulling the boy close to himself. He rests his head atop Jimin's shoulder and sighs. "You're so brave, Mochi." Jungkook leads his boyfriend to the bed and they sit down.

Immediately Jimin feels the heat of tears pricking at the back of his eyes. He groans before leaning forward to hide his emotions in his hands, but his shoulders are suddenly shaking.

"Chim, what the hell happened?" Hoseok comes to his friends side and the others follow. They surround Jimin on the bed, patting and rubbing his knees, back, shoulders, anything to show him their support.

Jungkook brushes the hair from Jimin's forehead and leans to him to place a soft kiss, stopping to whisper in his ear. "It's okay, whatever happened. It's okay."

Jimin breaths out slowly, rubbing his face to dry it from tears. He sniffles and looks up to watch all the faces surrounding him again. They're all concerned, watching him closely as he blinks up at them. "He scared me." Jimin starts and his voice cracks with emotion already. "I think he was going to push me out of the room, probably lock the door after he did, but I freaked out in that moment. I just.. punched him."

"What made you show him you were there? What was happening?" Seokjin asks, reaching up to stroke Jimin's cheek gently. "Was he hurting Jungkook's Mom?"

Jimin nods, his eyes filling again with salty tears. "He was grabbing her hair." He turns to look at Jungkook who's still watching him. His eyes are sad and glistening in the dim light. "He was really mad, he was hurting her."

"You didn't do anything wrong, Mochi. Why are you crying so much?" Jungkook smiles softly at his boyfriend and pulls Jimin to him again. "Is my mom okay?"

"I wanted to stay with her, but she said she was fine. She told me to go upstairs and sleep."

"She said that?" Jungkook smiles brighter this time. "That's.. surprising. She must be thankful you were here to help her then."

"Mm." Jimin looks back down at his lap and he can't stop his stomach from turning. He feels sick, guilty and awful. It feels awful. "You know, she told me I didn't do anything wrong either, but I can't stop feeling like I did."

"Why? You just hit him. He deserved it, right?" Yoongi shrugs, sitting back on his heels. "He was pulling his wife's hair, like shit. I'd punch him, too."

"Yeah," Namjoon agrees. "But, what happened after you punched him? Don't tell us he just took it and left. That would sound like a damn lie."

Jimin groans. "No, he didn't leave." His nose is running and he rubs away the snot with the back of his good hand, carefully keeping the injured one behind his back. "I broke his nose. His lip, his jaw was all swollen. There was blood."

"No, you broke his nose?!" Taehyung's voice echoes throughout the room and the others turn to him with fingers over their lips. "Sorry." He lowers his voice. "You broke his nose, Jiminie? How hard did you hit him?"

"I knocked him out."

Jungkook suddenly laughs. "Damn, Mochi. You can knock a person out with one hit?"

"Remind me not to fight with you, Jesus." Hoseok mumbles, backing away a little.

"He was drunk, so that made it a bit more accomplishable, guys. I um, I also really hurt my hand on his face." He reluctantly brings his pulsing hand into focus, the bandages doing nothing to hide the increased size of it. Jimin sniffles again. "It was really scary, there was so much blood. Baby," he whimpers, looking at Jungkook again. "I love you, but that was really, really scary. I'm not brave. I'm still scared. My hand hurts a lot, I think it's broken. I feel terrible and I wish I didn't hit him so hard. I wish he wasn't hurting your mom so I wouldn't of stepped into their argument. I just feel bad and I don't think I'm the kind of person that can easily beat people up, even if they're doing something bad to somebody I care about." He stops to breath and Jungkook's hand is on his face again. "I want to protect you always, and I will if I need to, but I just feel so guilty."

"Because you hurt him?" Jungkook whispers, resting his forehead against Jimin's.

"Mhm," Jimin nods their heads together.

"You're so squishy, Mochi. Let me see your hand." He pulls away from Jimin and grabs the boys wrist, pulling his injured hand closer to his face. "It hurts a lot?"

Jimin hums, nodding again.

"We need to go to the hospital, because you might be right. It's purple. I swear if you broke your pretty hand on my stupid fathers face, I will kill him."

"Baby, his nose is broken, too. I broke it."

"Good. He's an asshole."

"Your Mom said that."

"Mother always knows best, right?" Jungkook looks up and smiles at Jimin, sighing after. "Lets go, guys. And I'm serious, I'll kill him if it's broken."