Angry

Yugyeom turns around, showing his back to Jimin. He hangs his head towards the floor and he scoffs. "I told you already to stop trying to get in my head." His voice sounds distant to himself as it lowers. He feels a sense of regret wash over him for the first time in a while, regret that he'd said anything at all pertaining to his mother. Yugyeom snaps his head up and peers back at Jimin. He catches a hopeful glint in the others eyes and it hits a nerve. This guy is playing him. He knew it to be true, but it's right in front of him to see. "Don't convince yourself that I care about what that bitch did to herself."

Jimin chews on his bottom lip for a moment, contemplating his words. Everything that's happened is starting to make a bit of sense to him. He can see the surfacing hurt in Yugyeom's actions even as the man tries to shove them down. "You care so much. You care that she's gone because you loved her." He can tell that his response doesn't sit well with Yugyeom. The mans eyes narrow at him again and Jimin stutters under the new glare, still intimidated. "You're so angry."

"Don't you fucking dare." Yugyeom's body pivots back towards Jimin and he sinks his hands into his pant pockets to hide the emotions showing in his nervous fingers. He hasn't talked about his mother since it happened, since she took her life and left her mess for him to clean up. The memories of that night invade his mind and smear his thoughts with streaks of red. She was beautiful, a woman of passion and grace. He did love her, when she was present and devoted. When she was still a mother, but she became ignorant and weak. It happened so quickly. She lacked the decency to live for what she created and chose to leave it behind in a selfish act of self loathing. "You think you're a genius, assuming that it makes me angry? Alright, I'm angry. How could I be related to such a coward? That's frustrating." Yugyeom laughs, but it's pitch is higher than he intended. "Do I care? Why should I suffer over what she chose? I did what I could, I did my best, and she still chose that. What is there to care about without becoming as cowardice a person as she was?"

Jimin slowly nods at the new bit of ranting he's received. He takes it in carefully and hums to fill the space of a brief silence. "Maybe it's not her that you care about, Yugyeom. Maybe you care about what her actions might prove for you."

"Can they prove something for me?" Yugyeom retorts, his eyes widened. He rocks back on his heels. "Don't tell me you're the type to think 'we are who our parents are' and all of that bullshit."

"No, that's not what I'm saying." The smaller man shifts his eyes away from the other, focusing on a water spot staining the ceiling above him. He sinks his head into the pillow beneath it and sighs. "She left you and it hurts. Maybe you think that means something. Maybe you think that it's your fate."

"My fate?"

"Yeah." Jimin closes his eyes. "Like it's a pattern or something, like you think it will happen again. Anybody you might care for, they'll leave you just like she did."

"Fuck you."

"I'm only assuming that it's what you think, not what I do."

"Bullshit. I don't think like that."

"I think you do. I think it hurts you a lot."

Yugyeom's jaw tightens. He pulls at loose strings in his pockets with the pads of his fingertips. It's silent again for much longer this time, Yugyeom unsure of what to say now through the discomfort heavy on his chest. He's managed to close so many doors of his heart, of feeling anything but a steady building rage for the way things ended with his mother. He feels that untapped rage boiling in his blood every day that he wakes, he feels it rising to his face now as he watches the relaxed expression on Jimin's. "You don't know anything about me." Yugyeom whispers.

Jimin turns his head towards the low voice again and he gazes up at the solemn look on Yugyeom's face. He's not entirely sure why, but his heart aches suddenly for the unhappiness he finds present in the way the other stares at the floor. "I could know, if you'd tell me." It's anger that he sees, but it's different than the playful cruelty he'd been afraid of before. It's anger that's he's kept for a long, long time.

"I don't need you to know. I need you to shut up."

Jimin purses his lips. He doesn't want to press down too many of Yugyeom's buttons, afraid of what it would be like to watch the man explode if he hits the wrong one. He's surprised he hasn't already caused anything worse to be taken out on him. Jimin struggles with what to say before he speaks again. "Swallowing your fears will only cause them to grow inside of you." He mutters. "Just like anger and sadness. You're carrying all of that, with no where to put it."

Yugyeom glares back up at Jimin. "I said I was angry. I have nothing to be afraid of. You do."

"Yeah." Jimin agrees. "I am afraid, but I'll admit to that. That's how it works, that's how a person stays sane."

"You're calling me insane?"

Jimin quirks an eyebrow at the question and chances a bit of a smile. "Well, I'm in your bed against my will. Does that sound completely sane to you?"

Yugyeom's shoulders raise a little, tension surrounding the situation he's becoming more aware of. His gut is starting to twist from the words spoken and his brows furrow. "I'm not planning on hurting you."

For the first time, Jimin hears sincerity in the others voice and his smile grows on his lips. "That's a relief, I guess. But it doesn't mean that what's happening isn't still wrong."

"Right and wrong, it's all garbage." Yugyeom presses his heels together and his knees feel as if they're going to buckle under his weight. The atmosphere feels like it's getting heavier the more they conversate, but maybe he is just as weak as his mother. He yearns to hear more, but his words say otherwise. "You should stop talking."

"I don't think I want to, I feel like I understand you a little bit more than I did five minutes ago."

"You don't understand anything."

"I can. How about you talk now and I'll listen."

"That's a repulsive idea."

"It could help."

"I don't need help."

Jimin sighs. He's probably jumping the gun with Yugyeom, assuming he's ready to talk about deep rooted issues he's been poorly dealing with on his own. The mans process of thought is corrupted, the very base of his understanding is shifted completely off balance. He's not ready to admit that he could even grasp the concept of wrong doings and insanity, but given some time he might be. Jimin nods. He doesn't have many options in the position he's in, so he mutters into the stretch of awkward silence. "Well, when you do, I'll just be here. I don't have anywhere else to go, so you know that's the truth, right?"

A familiar bing sounds in the near distance and both pairs of heads snap towards it. Jimin's phone lights up on the dresser behind Yugyeom and he smirks.

"Jungkook has good timing, I was getting sick of your voice."

-///-

A/N: Guys DNA <3 what else can I say? I'm just so.. I'm a ghost, already dead because they killed me with that MV. How does perfection become more perfect?

Also Jimin's a counselor. Please counsel that guy, Yugyeom needs some help God.