Mood

"Jungkook, you did a good job. It's awesome." Namjoon comments, a few bites into his burger. The hot sun is still gleaming bright in the sky, but it's dropping lower as they all gather in chairs around Seokjin's spread blanket.

Jungkook smiles and avoids the awkward nature of making eye contact after a compliment. He chuckles lowly. "Thanks. Jin hyung told me what to do."

"You're a fast learner." Seokjin claps his hand to Jungkook's shoulder and the others perk their heads up from the noise. He laughs it off and returns to making himself a generous plate of food.

"Tae, are you happy now?" Jimin pokes his friend in his side and watches the bright smile spread even wider across the younger boys face.

Taehyung grabs at Jimin's hand. "Yeah yeah. I'm happy. We should make this a thing that we do, like every weekend."

"Isn't that too much?" Namjoon inputs with a full mouth.

Yoongi scrunches his nose, emphasizing his disgust with the suggestion. He looks at Taehyung and shakes his head. "It's too much."

Taehyung pouts at the others, lowering his head down and growing quiet. A hand snakes around him and he looks beside him to see his boyfriends smile.

"It's not too much for me. We can find a way to come together next weekend, too. Okay babe?" Hoseok is happy with the way their day was spent, playing together in a new environment and enjoying each other's company. He thought he'd be bothered some by having the others around throughout the entirety of the day, but he felt quite the opposite. Taehyung may find it less enjoyable to go by theirselves, but it could be a romantic get away of sorts.

Taehyung nods slowly, his mood rising again and he leans closer to Hoseok to press against him. His heart is warmed by the look in his boyfriends eyes and how good he's taken care of and he loves the overwhelming adoration for the man that he feels wash over him. "Yes, my one. We can have a date here next weekend!"

"Yeah." Hoseok agrees. He smiles at Taehyung's happy aura and feels enlightened to keep the moods high amongst everyone suddenly. He turns to the group around him and his tone raises. "It's been a good day. I wish we didn't have to leave soon."

Seokjin swallows down a bite of his food quickly and he throws out a brilliant idea. "We don't have to leave that soon, right? It's the weekend so, after we finish eating, and it gets a little darker, lets tell ghost stories. Lets make today last."

"You wanted to stay that long?" Yoongi whines half heartedly. He can admit to himself that it hasn't been an awful day, aside from his kept emotions he'd never tell anyway. It's been alright, he even kind of enjoyed feeling the water against his skin. He won't let the others know that he can manage to have fun, it's not his style.

Jungkook sits up straighter, intrigued by the idea. "Yes, we should do that."

"Jungkook, please." Yoongi continues to groan.

Jimin chimes in to steal the attention as he speaks. "Yoongi hyung, don't be like that. Lets stay, it will be fun!"

Hoseok looks at his best friend, mortified. "Chim, I thought you hated ghost stories! Don't leave me hanging on my own here."

"Aish, Hobi. It'll be fun. Don't be scared."

"I'm here, my one." Taehyung whispers beside Hoseok. He grins cheekily. "I won't let the beach ghosties get you."

Jimin throws his head back, almost choking on his food before managing to compose himself again. He laughs loudly. "Stop, oh my god."

"Don't make me vomit." Yoongi mumbles. His stomach lurches at the exchange between Hoseok and Taehyung and he averts his eyes from them. He's not feeling very hungry anymore. He tries to shake it off, knowing that with the persistence and finality in the others voices that they're going to end up staying.

Hoseok remains silent. He lets Taehyung's comforting touches and understanding smile ease his nerves some and he scoffs. "I'm not scared."

"You look scared." Jungkook chuckles.

The familiar sound of footsteps approaching surrounds the group from a distance. Jimin is the first to notice and he looks behind him, his heart instantly dropping into his stomach and making it churn the moment his eyes catch the stature of a man coming towards them. Yugyeom. He actually came, and right as they were starting to forget about him completely. Jimin moves closer to his boyfriend and the hairs rise on the back of his neck. "Baby." He whispers with almost closed lips.

Jungkook follows Jimin's stare and his gaze latches onto the culprit of putting the off tone in his boyfriends voice. He's expecting to feel his blood boiling, to see red, but the way Yugyeom walks on the sand, his head bent down and his feet dragging, it triggers a strange sense of pity instead. Jungkook groans and he reaches for Jimin to pull him against him. "It's okay, love."

Seokjin leans closer to Jungkook and Jimin and the others are quiet, eyes wondering around to find the reason for the mood change. "Is that him?" Seokjin whispers.

Jimin nods. "Yeah."

Jungkook places his food down beside him and he wraps his arms around Jimin to bring the smaller boy into his lap. It seems like a good plan to keep him seated in his chair, in case he starts feeling anything more than a soured mood. Yugyeom couldn't be more bothersome, but he finds himself only feeling sorry for him as he's coming closer. He didn't expect this.

Jimin turns his eyes to Jungkook. He scans the expression on his face and feels a bit of relief from what he finds there. Jungkook isn't angry like he was prepared for.

"You were right." Jungkook mutters. He glances to Jimin and a soft smile raises his lips a little.

"I was right?" Jimin asks from the others lap. He looks back at the figure approaching to check his distance. He feels goosebumps rise on his arms and legs and a breeze rolls through with perfect timing to send a shiver up his spine.

"I don't think I want to hit him anymore."