Scared

Jungkook's phone rings in his hand and he answers it quickly, the hushed voice of his boyfriend meeting his ear.

"Baby, I'm going to be quiet, Hobi is sleeping."

"I figured as much." Jungkook chuckles. He sighs softly into the phone, letting his body relax into his bed after hearing Jimin's voice. He didn't even realize he'd been so tense, even holding his breath from their tiny conflict. Why is it bothering him so much? "Will he wake up if we talk for a while?"

Jimin shakes his head, even though Jungkook can't see him. "I don't think so, he's a pretty heavy sleeper."

"Oh, good." Jungkook sighs again. "I still feel strange, it's weird, Mochi."

"Don't feel strange. It's not weird to admit that we should take things a bit slower between us. We rushed back into this without totally thinking about everything that happened."

"When we talk though, it feels silly to think about needing time to get to know each other better. You do understand me."

Jimin smiles. "We know each other pretty well, don't we?"

"Mm, we do. But, it's just-"

"Hard times change people baby, we need to understand the differences better. I know."

Jungkook is quiet for a moment. His boyfriend is so intuitive, it's scary sometimes, but it's a good example of a change in their relationship from the freelancing romance without a plotted outcome they shared before. They've already gotten deeper throughout the arguments and the separation that could have broke them. It almost did break them, but it didn't. "It feels like when I see you, I forget about everything we're talking about right now. It's like it doesn't matter anymore because you always take my breath away."

"I take your breath away?"

"You're gorgeous."

Jungkook's words make him giggle and Jimin clears his throat before responding. "So are you, bunny."

"I just want to forget about taking everything so seriously and just.. have fun with you. Does that make sense?"

"Kind of. Do you feel like we can't have fun together because.. of what happened? I don't want you to feel like that."

"That's not exactly what I mean. It's not just about teasing you or something, I just want to take our relationship more seriously this time."

Jimin scrunches up his nose, eyebrows unintentionally furrowing into a puzzled expression. "Okay, I'm confused."

Jungkook chuckles. He knows he's not explaining himself properly. "Before I broke up with you, I felt differently about how we are, Mochi. Looking back on our relationship, how it was, we were both different. We weren't taking each other as seriously as we should have been."

"I took you seriously. I love you." Jimin's voice drags a little as he whines his response, admittedly irritated by the phrasing of Jungkook's explanation.

"I wasn't taking you seriously Mochi. Not the way that I should have been. That's why I told you that I'm not good at this, because it's so hard to even explain." Jungkook takes a deep breath to continue. "It wasn't easy to tell you that I wanted a break, it was hard to break up with you, but the fact that I could means that I wasn't thinking about my future with you. It was possible to say that I didn't have to be with you, do you understand?"

"I'm following. That.. kind of hurts to hear you say that you didn't have to be with me, but continue." Jimin can feel his heart sinking a little. He didn't expect to have this kind of heavy conversation again so soon.