Night visit

Jimin blows out a deep breath and brings up two fists to his red eyes, itchy from letting himself cry for too long. Jungkook is coming over and even though he shouldn't be so eager to see him, Jimin is waiting impatiently. His heart is still heavy and his mind still foggy from their last conversations just moments ago. Five minutes and Jungkook will be tapping on his window, bring back memories of when they weren't so messed up.

Jungkook isn't a man of his word. A promise to stay together forever, to start a new relationship isn't something Jimin can hold onto anymore. The tears are coming back already as he sits alone on his bed with his fingers twiddling together. He shouldn't have let him come, but he doesn't regret his decision anyway.

He tilts his head back to stop himself from crying again. Being strong isn't what he's good at, but showing Jungkook his tears will only hurt them both. Why do I care? He wonders again. "Because I love you." His words break the dreary silence in his room. He's lost in his heartache again when the familiar soft tapping ensues on his window and he looks up to see a hooded figure through the glass. He's early, maybe he was running.

Jimin moves to the window and unlatches the lock, but he leaves the job of lifting it to the other, retreating his bed once again. He doesn't watch Jungkook come in, burying his red eyes into the nearest pillow.

A weight sinks into the bed beside Jimin, but he still doesn't look up, not bothering to greet Jungkook. "I'm here." Jungkook whispers next to him.

"Mm," Jimin hums.

"Can I see you? Can we talk?"

"Talk, I'm listening." Jimin knows that his voice is muffled, maybe barely audible through the barrier of his pillow, but he doesn't want to see the look on Jungkook's face yet.

The taller sighs, shuffling on the bed. "I know you didn't really want me to come, but I have too many things on my mind. I needed to see you."

"Then tell me what's on your mind."

"I love you."

"I know that already."

"Do you know that?"

"Sometimes you make me unsure, but yeah I know you love me." Jimin steals a glance at Jungkook, relieved that he's not looking in his direction. Jungkook's eyes are downcast, his expression gloomy.

"I'm sorry, mochi." Jungkook's lip trembles. He grasps one of his fingers, squeezing it tightly to calm his racing heart. He's sweating in the heat of Jimin's room, or maybe it's because he feels so nervous already. His eyes are wet. He's forgotten every word he had prepared to say, overcome with emotion suddenly. Jimin's cold shoulder isn't helping.

Jimin huffs, rolling his eyes in annoyance at himself for being so weak hearted. He can see the way Jungkook's teeth sink into his bottom lip, the way he's trying to stifle his emotions again and he can't watch it happen. His plan to make Jungkook beg for his attention has failed already, and it's only been a moment since he's come. He sits up on his bed, revealing his puffy eyes to the other and he looks at him.

Jungkook reaches his hand out and he rests it on Jimin's knee, rubbing his thumb in circles around the thin fabric that covers it. He just wants to touch him and he adverts his eyes down to watch his action instead of seeing the pain in the shorter boys eyes. Now his cheeks are hot under Jimin's gaze and they get hotter when he feels fingers swiping away a tear that must have fallen. This wasn't his intention.

"Okay, we can start over." Jimin whispers. His heart jumps in his chest. Jungkook's eyes keep watering, but he moves his fingers down to stroke the others lips, waiting for Jungkook to look at him before he smiles. He doesn't want to see the pain anymore, he doesn't want to feel it.

Jungkook whines, "Mochi." His words are lost now.

"Just hold me."

"I miss you." The taller wraps his arm around Jimin's waist, pulling him halfway onto his lap and pressing his face into the crook of his neck. He breaths, trying to soften his cries, but they seem to come harder instead. He grabs at Jimin's shirt, holding it tightly in his fist.

Jimin lets him cry, because he probably needs to. Jungkook isn't good at letting out his emotions, but everybody needs to be able to cry. He shifts his own weight on Jungkook's lap to give himself better access to weave his fingers through the others fluffy brown locks of hair. After a few more moments, when the sobbing turns into sniffles, Jimin pulls away and presses both of his hands to either side of Jungkook's wet cheeks.

"I miss you baby." Jimin whispers and he uses his fingers to dry the stains from Jungkook's face.

A/N: I'm sleeping now I swear.. I'm sorry that this so short too, I will make a really good and long one in the future!