Hyung

"You don't have to admit to this, but I'm positive that the reason you offered to help me was so that you could ask me about earlier." Seokjin mutters when Jungkook comes near to him. They've managed to start cooking after a fairly easygoing prepping process, much to Seokjin's surprise. He smiles and ends his statement with a lighthearted chuckle. "I mean about Jimin being upset, unless he talked it through already with you like he should have done."

Jungkook smiles away from the other. He feels a little bit trapped under the heavy atmosphere that's coming back to hover over him once again. He thought he could let it go for a while and just have a good day, but the slightest mention gets back under his skin. Jungkook sighs. "We talked, but it still feels kind of messed up."

"You can talk to me about it, too. If you want." Seokjin shrugs. "I'm your hyung, too. Maybe talking about it to a third party would help."

Jungkook turns his head up to watch a warmth in the other mans eyes he feels touched by. Seokjin is a good guy, he can probably trust him to hear him out. It could make him feel better, even if it's a little awkward to find the right words to explain how he's feeling. "I'm not that great at talking."

"That's okay. Just speak your mind if you want to."

"You want to hear that?"

"I want you both to get over all of this. Talking it out with close friends can be useful."

Jungkook nods, looking back down at his busy hands working the grill. He takes a deep breath and sighs again even deeper, letting his mind recover his thoughts instead of pushing them away. "Okay. Well, if you think it can help, I'd love to stop feeling so stuck in this endless circle of doubt." He already feels silly for saying that, but Seokjin is watching him. He can feel his eyes without looking at the older mans direction.

"You mean Jimin is doubting you, or are you doubting yourself?"

Jungkook almost winces at the question. His eyes sting a little already from the smoke rising around them from the grill as the wind blows in their direction. He's tempted to bite his tongue, to refrain from opening up about his own pattern of thought, but he continues on anyway. It's already started. "That's kind of hard to answer."

"What do you mean?"

Jungkook figured that it might feel like this, like an interrogation with so many questions. Seokjin's voice is innocent though, unlike the accusing tone of one only searching for answers to tend to their own curiosity. It's comforting enough to ease some of the tension he's keeping held in his shoulders. "He makes me feel like I should be doubting myself."

Seokjin is silent for a moment and it starts to make Jungkook feel nervous. "Do you have feelings for that guy?" Seokjin asks.

Jungkook looks up quickly. "Yugyeom? No. I don't mean like that."

"Then what is Jimin making you have doubts about?"

"My decisions, like what if letting Yugyeom be is actually what's best for us and for our relationship." Jungkook pauses, rubbing his burning eyes and he groans. "I'm not crying. It's the smoke."

Seokjin chuckles and he places his hand on Jungkook's arm to lead him away from the grill. "Lets sit away from it then."

They find Seokjin's blanket nearby and sit down on it, keeping an eye on their cooking in progress from the short distance away. The sun is hot above them, but Jungkook is feeling better away from the eye irritant and he laughs softly. "What I mean," Jungkook starts talking again. "Is that, what if Jimin is right and I'm just making things worse by giving Yugyeom the attention he wants?"

"I'm sure Yugyeom wouldn't like to be punched. That's not giving him the attention he wants."

"I think he might want me to hit him."

Seokjin furrows his eyebrows, confused. "Why would you think that?"

"He's been texting me, and I've been responding. It's like he's taunting me to."

"He's taunting you to hit him?"

Jungkook draws in his lips and he nods. "Yeah. I think he is and maybe he has something planned for if I do."

"Ah." Seokjin hums, coming to understand the concerns on Jungkook's mind. They seem logical and he feels a sense of pride, even for not having known the younger man for long. He'd thought of him before in good light, but now he seems even brighter. "Then maybe you shouldn't. There are other ways to get him off your back, we'll just have to find it."

"That's a problem for me."

"What is?"

"I'm not great at controlling my emotions. Yugyeom makes me angry when I'm not around him, he made me angry before all of this. When I see him, if he comes today,"

"If you don't want to hurt him, we won't let you. That's simple, Jungkook." Seokjin smiles as he interrupts the others struggle for words. "You don't want to hurt him?" He asks.

Jungkook shakes his head. "I don't think I should. Jimin doesn't want it and that's making me feel guilty even before I've had the opportunity to do anything at all. I feel like maybe he's accepting that I might lose my temper with Yugyeom and you probably helped with that, but I know he still wouldn't like it." Jungkook sighs. His expression twists into one of confusion, letting Seokjin's words set in. "Wait, do you mean you guys will hold me back if I try to do something?"

Seokjin matches his confused side glance with one of his own. "Are you intending on lunging at this kid or something? I guess we'd have to, then."

"I said I'm not great at controlling myself, in any definition of the concept."

Seokjin laughs. "I just didn't think I should be expecting such a quick response. Are you like the hulk? We won't let you go crazy on him if you give us the go ahead to keep you from it." He scoffs slightly at the turn of the conversation and rests back against the blanket under him, an amused grin playing on his lips.

"Can you guys do that, though?"

"Hold you back?"

Jungkook nods, looking back at the other.

"How strong do you think you are?"

"I'm kind of strong, but I mean," Jungkook laughs softly. "Would you do that?"

Seokjin's smile softens. He can feel the weight of Jungkook's insecurity of trusting that he's got friends behind him that are willing to lend him a helping hand when he needs one. Jungkook still isn't fully accepting of the care and guidance the true meaning of a good friend should carry and it brings his mood down a notch. Seokjin sits back up again. "Jungkook, don't worry. We're here for you."

Jungkook brings his bottom lip in between his teeth and he looks away from Seokjin. The close proximity to him and the depth of conversation he didn't expect to have isn't making him feel as horrible as he thought it might. His voice is quiet when he speaks. "Then, thank you, hyung."

-///-

A/N: I'm here guys. I hope you enjoy this bit of friendly support all for Jungkook! He needs some~ love you all so much! More is on the way, give me a little bit ^^