The date pt. 2

"So you're calling me a liar, huh?"

Jungkook leans back into the head rest, his grin splitting his lips as wide as they'll go. He sucks them in to conceal just how much the back and forth is getting to him. His skin is on fire under the tease of Jimin's tone, butterflies in his stomach. "No, not at all." He doesn't look over at the passenger seat, but he can feel the eyes on the side of his head. "I'm just excited to see you play. I've never imagined you as a gamer boy or anything, just a little new to the news."

"Woah, slow down." Jimin exaggerates. "I never said I took it seriously, I just said I'm.." He looks down at his lap, words hushed and tone a whiny drawl. "decent."

Taking a glance at the other now with a soft lift at the corners of his mouth, Jungkook catches the tint of pink on Jimin's cheeks, as if a fairy sprinkled them with pixie dust. He's reminded of late nights on his bedroom floor, Jimin in his lap, the smallers limbs wrapped around him like a koala bear. The small warm breaths that would flutter across the back of his neck always made his skin tingle. Without them playing video games alone felt like a chore. So he didn't. "Let's play together sometime." Jungkook says, his grip tightening on the steering wheel. It's been such an easy going conversation, he's a little nervous to ruin it by attempting to hold Jimin to another date. Although he'd deserve an empty promise of one thrown his way. The fact that Jimin agreed to this one is beyond him already.

"Maybe." Jimin mumbles, keeping his eyes in his lap. He can't help but remember how perfect it always felt to wrap himself around the other, the way Jungkook would softly rub his back during small breaks, would quietly ask if he's okay or tell him to sleep if he wants to. It was always so warm, his comfort place, home. It's such a dangerous memory because he knows nothing will ever feel quite the same. That scares him, but it scares him more to think about experiencing it again, getting attached to that feeling and knowing he's lost it before. Maybe playing the video game with Jungkook will be a new memory they could make together, rather then reliving the same old one that crashed into a painful ending. "I mean, yeah." Am I entirely jumping back into this relationship? "That would be pretty fun."

Unable to contain his bewilderment, it filters into his voice, "Wait, yeah? Really?", and Jungkook glides a hand though his hair. He doesn't take his eyes away from the road even as he slows to a stop.

"Mm, why not?" Jimin shrugs, but his fingers dance over his own bottom lip. Is he agreeing to see the man again before even seeing what he's got in store for them this time? They've been driving for a while and Jimin realizes he's not been paying attention to anything outside of the car windows, too absorbed in conversation and the way Jungkook's hands look wrapped around the steering wheel. Veins spidering across the back of the tallers grip and trailing their way up his tensed forearm, presenting themselves for his own viewing pleasure. It's been way too long for him if that's all it's going to take to entice him and Jimin would be ashamed if only the man attached to them didn't look so damn good, too. He tears his eyes away from the little shy smile on Jungkook's face and he watches unfamiliar buildings zoom by. "Are you kidnapping me, Jungkook?"

The taller chuckles at this. He isn't, technically, but they are someplace far from home. Far from the city. It barely feels like it's been any time at all, but they're approaching their destination already. "I know it's kind of far, but we're almost there I promise."

"How far?" Jimin turns back to Jungkook, eyes narrowing. The man grows visibly nervous under his stare again.

"A couple of hours."

"Hours?" Jimin's a bit taken aback by this, but he can tell the other expects him to be angry. He's not, feeling curious more than anything. Wherever they're going must be worth that kind of risk and it makes him feel a bit excited. "Do I still have to be surprised?" His tone is delicate when he asks and he reminds himself of how he used to speak with Jungkook. He watches the mans shoulders relax at the sound of his voice. Something stirs in his chest.