Peace and happy

"It's different now." A tired voice pierces a new form of silence. Taehyung's heavy eyelids are still adjusting to the glow of his bedroom, but a smile already sits on his lips. "I can feel it."

Hoseok doesn't open his eyes, but he can hear the smile in his boyfriends voice. It's enough to cause a chain reaction, his cheeks lifting slowly with the upbringing of a grin. He laughs into the calm of it all, delighted to hear joy in their shared quiet instead of sadness and worry. "I feel it, too."

Maybe it's because the morning is bright, no rain clouds to clutter the sky and block out the sun from streaming through his thin curtains. Maybe it's the residual joy of witnessing love conquering past evils, defying the doubt that surrounded a good hearted friend. Maybe it's friendships renewed and faiths restored, trust regained. Maybe it's Hoseok that makes Taehyung feel peace today. He watches the man's eyes open slowly, knowing that he'll find nothing but more peace inside the sleepy eyes that watch him now with a goofy expression forming just for him. Without missing a beat, he giggles in response and touches the tip of Hoseok's nose with the soft pad of his fingertip. Chuckles erupt between them as they draw closer to one another, arms holding onto each other and hearts holding onto the moment.

It's an understanding that doesn't need to be spoken upon. A weight has been lifted from both of their shoulders. It covers their bodies in a blanket of relief to not be hiding away at a hospital most days, slumped back into uncomfortable chairs so that Taehyung's brother wouldn't feel alone. He'd ask them to leave, but they never could, afraid of the emotions that would build as soon as they did. Now, it's different, because Yoongi is around. Because Jimin and Jungkook, Seokjin and Namjoon know, because they care. Because they'll be there when Taehyung can't be and when his relationship with Hoseok needs to develop beyond hospital dates with his brother.

His teeth sink into the flesh of his bottom lip and Taehyung realizes that he's nervous. Intimacy lately has felt forbidden, taboo, less important than anything else happening around him. Hoseok's breath is caught in his throat, it vanishes from his lips as soon as they stop moving towards his own. He's too anxious to wait for the way their lips might have drifted closer, until they were barely touching and their breaths intermingled. He can't wait for soft hands to grasp his waist as Hoseok smiles against his mouth. Taehyung slides his warm hand around the soft skin of the others neck, his thumb touching the man's ear as he presses himself against him. Their lips connect, the kiss initiated with passion instead of gentle need. Hoseok's arms do hold him, close and strong against his body. He does smile into the kiss, but it's the way that Taehyung likes it; a little bit surprised, really happy.

-///-

It's not like they plan on hiding it forever. They don't have any reason to be ashamed, especially not now. Friendship is precious and should be treated like a prize, maintained like a precious gem. It should be honest, but having flown under the radar through the means of other matters coming first, their relationship has blossomed, unquestioned.

Seokjin laughs at the way Namjoon dances to loud music. He laughs louder and Namjoon notices him, laughing too. The younger doesn't know why Seokjin finds him amusing, but he likes that he does. He loves it, honestly. He lives for the moments he stands as the reason there's happiness written inside of the man's eyes. He reaches out to take Seokjin's hand inside of his own, tangling their fingers together as he swirls back and forth in his desk chair, continuing to dance along and coaxing the other to join him. Silly, that's what they are. It's happy and carefree, neither lost in the serious nature of what typically hassles a relationship,

What began as a bundle of fear and hesitation has transformed into a beautiful thing they both still have yet to acknowledge as what it is. It's trust, safety and dependence. Everything Namjoon was afraid to create, afraid to destroy, is now everything he needs and can never lose. With Seokjin's never ending compassion and understanding mentality, he's grown comfortable in sharing his mind and what scares him, allowing him to understand his own emotions, to conquer them and to love his boyfriend the way that he deserves to be loved. They aren't ignoring their differences, avoiding conflict, brushing away flaws they dislike about each other. They're just happy.

-///-

A/N: I hate making you guys wait so long for a tiny chapter, but I wanted to include this little piece of peace for everyone. Nothing super angsty is coming, I'm just feeling soft~ I'm going to get back to making videos again for this story also, I've decided. It's all planned out in my head!

As always, and forever, I love you guys sooo much and thank you for being here and for being patient and for having faith in this story. It means so much to me uwu~ Have the best day of your life ❤️