Talk

"What kind of question is that?" Seokjin takes his hand from Jimin's back, settling it in his lap. He watches a playful glint begin to shine through the drying tears in the younger boys eyes.

"It's a pretty straightforward question, hyung." Jimin pats his face with his sleeve to rid his cheeks of moisture. He sniffs the rest of it away.

"Namjoon is my friend."

"Just a friend?"

Seokjin isn't oblivious to the real meaning behind Jimin's inquiry. Even with the other choosing to beat around the bush instead of just asking if he likes his best friend, he can understand the curiosity. They're together often, he does the most for Namjoon he can admit. From another perspective, they probably do look like something more than a couple of friends. "He's just my friend."

Jimin raises both of his eyebrows with surprise, watching the expression on Seokjin's face grow serious. "Why?"

"What do you mean, why?"

"Why be 'just friends' with somebody you love?"

Seokjin is taken back by the finality of Jimin's tone. "Are you insinuating that I have feelings for Namjoon?"

"Don't you?"

"Nothing more than a friend, Jimin. Where did this come from?"

Jimin smirks slightly and he turns away from his friend to hide it, afraid of it putting the other in a bad mood. Feelings of any kind can be a sensitive topic. "Are you lying to me or to yourself?"

"I'm not in love with Namjoon."

"He's in love with you."

"That's not true!"

"You know that for sure?" Jimin looks back at Seokjin and his smile raises the corners of his lips, pushing his cheeks up into his eyes. He laughs. "Hyung, don't be like this. Being in love is annoying, but it's also really great." He might be trying to bother Seokjin a bit, but the mans reaction is touching. How simply he denies something that seems obvious now that it's being putting on the spot is endearing. He's hiding something, Jimin can tell by the change of tint on his cheeks.

"Stop it. You're annoying." Seokjin mutters. His face feels hot and he looks around quickly to find Namjoon sitting near the sand castle construction workers close to the shore, soaking in the shade under a large, hastily set up beach umbrella. "What makes you think that about him? You think he's in love with me? Don't be ridiculous."

"Look at you." Jimin chuckles. He covers his laugh with one of his hands. "Ah, why are you so funny even when you're shy?"

"I said to stop it!"

"You love him. Oh my god, hyung."

Seokjin groans loudly. "You're bothering me. Go play with your boyfriend like I told you to do!" He shoots a glare in Jimin's direction before turning his body completely away from the boy, finding an excuse to ignore the teasing by pulling closer a cooler he'd brought of food. "Just let me eat something in peace."

"Aish," Jimin grumbles. He hadn't known for sure before if Hoseok was right with his accusations, but Seokjin's denial makes it crystal clear. Maybe he shouldn't call it love if there's nothing solid between them, but there's something there. His two smartest hyungs would make one hell of a pair. "I thought you wanted me to tell you how I know Joonie hyung likes you."

"No. Go away. I don't want to play with you."

"You're a child."