Report

"Why didn't you report this sooner if so much has already happened?"

"We thought we were handling it."

"You weren't doing well. We're searching for a phone signal, but so far we haven't gotten any word back. You should have come in when all of this started. It could've been prevented."

"Does that mean that the phone is turned off then, or that it's destroyed?" The tone in Jungkook's voice is still pitchy, hysterical. He feels Hoseok's hand gripping his shoulder to keep him seated in the rickety brown chair under him and he looks at the other for help. Help with what, he doesn't know. He just feels helpless.

"Not necessarily. Sometimes tracking an individuals cell phone can take a lot of time. If the phone isn't in operation, isn't being used to send out any communication, it can take much longer to find. It's a system." The officer explains. He sighs at the concern etched into the pair of students seated across from him. "We're working on it. You could help us by trying to nudge out a response from the keeper of the phone."

Jungkook shakes his head, but Hoseok moves away to unlock his phone, fingers tapping against the screen. "I don't have time to wait for that." Jungkook purses his lips, humming disagreements with situation. "No, I have to find him."

"Kid, we're working on it."

"Not fast enough."

The officer grunts. He leans forward in his office chair and rests his elbows on the desk before him. "This is what we can do, until we find a pinpointed location. You can wait here, or we can call you when we find something. Those are your options."

"Try to text his phone, call him." Hoseok mutters. "I'll tell the others to do the same."

"I've called him so many times, Hyung. It's off, at least. It goes straight to his voicemail when I call it." Jungkook heaves a sigh and runs a hand through his hair, sinking back into his chair. He closes his eyes. "What is texting him going to do?"

"It could garter a response from whomever is handling the phone if it's turned back on." The officer suggests carefully. He earns another glare of disapproval as the distressed younger blinks up at him again.

"Do you realize that my boyfriend is under the control and will of a psychopath right now?" Jungkook spits back. His eyes are glazed with anger and even if he doesn't mean to direct it towards the authority across from him, he does. "I can't just sit here and wait for 'something to come up' while he could be.." His words trail off into silence and Hoseok is watching him with furrowed eyebrows and a frown set into his lips.

The officer rests his chin on his hands. "Where does he live, this psychopath?"

"I don't know that."

"You don't know. Exactly. You have his name, age, phone number, the victims phone number, and a rough estimate of the area he could potentially reside in. This is all we can do right now."

Jungkook maintains his glare into the officers eyes, but it falters when he feels tears pricking at the back of his own. Hoseok leans closer to him again and speaks in a whisper next to his ear.

"Do you want to just step outside, get some air?" The older of the students asks quietly, glancing at the officer with apology in his expression. He knows Jungkook is angry, scared, taking his emotions out in any way that he can, but mistreating the people working to help them isn't the smartest thing to allow. "Come on." He urges. "You need a minute."

"I need Jimin back." Jungkook chokes on his words. He lets his head fall back as a sob climbs up his throat. He's never felt so helpless before in his entire life, no where to turn with an immediate fix to the constriction on his heart, like somebody has their hands inside of his body trying to steal the life from his internal organs.

Hoseok pulls on Jungkook's sleeve to coax him to stand, rising himself to his feet. "We'll go outside for a minute. We'll calm down. Jimin is okay."

"I didn't listen to him." The younger rubs the hot tears from his cheeks. He follows Hoseok's movements, even as his legs beg to crumble under him.

-///-

A/N: Another short chapter, I apologize! I'm updating as quickly as I can so we don't all stay in the abyss of the unknown~