The date pt. 1

Great fucking job, Jimin. Wrinkled shirts litter the floor, rifled through and discarded. It's not too late to disappoint him. He'd expect it, honestly. His conscious is a little bit of a sour apple, quite content with remaining perfectly in its comfort zone. Hating him hasn't brought me any hardships.

Except for the part where I miss him like crazy. Can't stop thinking about him. Jimin sighs, letting a plain black t-shirt fall through his fingers. It coils at his feet with the rest of his mundane wardrobe. He's gotten hotter. It's not fair.

He's using it against me for sure. It's a trap.

Well, it's working. We're going to dinner.

Just like he wants.

I want it, too.

Arguing with himself has become a new normal and it's concerning, to say the least. Something casual like a plain t-shirt would be fine, but he finds himself mulling over the possibility of a fancy restaurant. If he were to show up in anything less than a nice button down and some slacks he'd refuse to go inside the place. The thought alone makes him shudder in preconceived embarrassment. On second thought, why should he care so much? But, as he's juggling the possibility of sabotaging a fancy date with something so casual it'd make Jungkook raise more than an eyebrow, he continues to scan his closet for something nice to wear, something nice and casual, and Jimin finds exactly what he's looking for. A black and red striped t-shirt, something a leather jacket would lay over top of nicely. He can pair it with black skinny jeans and match the whole secret rockstar vibe Jungkook is clearly into lately.

The tallers long black hair comes to mind and Jimin finds himself smiling a bit too fondly. It looks so good on him. Well anything would, really. He shakes away the intrusive thought and begins stripping off his pajama layers. It's already been twenty minutes, how has it already been twenty minutes, and Jimin isn't anywhere close to being ready. He pulls on the jeans, struggling a bit to squeeze them over his bum. He shuffles through the handful of remotely recent memories he can recall of even wanting to wear them. The shirt is easier and when he pops his head through he eyes a black cardigan hanging from the hook on the backside of his bedroom door. "I'll throw it on for now." Jimin mutters to himself, smiling as he does. Jungkook promised a leather jacket and he's expecting him to follow through. "It's kind of like a test, Jungkook." He continues talking to himself, feeling a little bit like an evil villain plotting some kind of twisted revenge. "Bring the leather jacket and maybe I'll enjoy myself."

Jimin slides a pair of small silver hoops through the tiny holes in his earlobes, caressing them gently with his fingers as he admires himself in his bathroom mirror. He looks pretty and forgiving with the smile that won't leave his lips. Maybe it's that he's just downright giddy to see Jungkook like this, after so many years of distance. He can't help but feel excited. A tinge of pink is beginning to paint his cheeks just as three raps sound from the front door. Jimin sucks in a breath through his teeth and exhales, bringing down his shoulders and forcing his lips to close over his teeth. A welcoming smile is fine, but let's not look too excited.

On the same second Jimin steps out from his bedroom he's greeted by a very much overexcited Beans, tail wagging, mouth open wide and showing a perfect puppy smile, pink tongue flapping in the force of her own pant. She presses herself into Jimin's legs as the man walks towards the door. The same smile that plagued Jimin's lips before returns with a vengeance at the sight of his fluffy daughter so happy to have a visitor. They don't come very often, but Beans is always such a good host. She seats herself expectantly in the line of sight in the door way, tail thumping against the wooden floor and front paws perfectly pressed together. Jimin nods back at her. "Ready?" He whispers to her, skin tingling with anxious excitement. She doesn't spare him a glance, but that's all the confirmation he needs.