5

I stormed towards him, my anger boiling over, and unleashed a torrent of shouts before slamming the door behind me. Exhausted from the emotional outburst, I collapsed onto my bed and drifted into a restless sleep. Two hours later, a wave of nausea washed over me, forcing me to stumble towards the bathroom, desperately seeking relief.

To my surprise, in that vulnerable moment, Steve and Bucky burst into the bathroom, their concern etched across their faces as they witnessed me hunched over the toilet, retching uncontrollably. Reacting with instinctive care, Bucky tenderly held back my hair while Steve soothingly rubbed my back, their presence a comforting embrace amidst the turmoil.

After what felt like an eternity, the violent sickness subsided, allowing me to regain some semblance of composure. I gathered my strength, cleaning myself up as best as I could, and slowly made my way past Steve and Bucky, who now stood apologetically in the doorway. Their words of remorse fell on deaf ears as I remained steadfastly silent, engrossed in my own thoughts.

As fate would have it, the ring of my phone echoed through the house, jolting me out of my contemplation. Ignoring the concerned calls from downstairs, I hurriedly sprang from my bed, racing down the stairs, my father in hot pursuit. Reaching the phone, I swiftly powered it off and sank onto the couch, seeking solace in its familiarity.

With a gentleness that only a parent could possess, my father crouched before me, his voice filled with a mixture of regret and curiosity. "Y/N, we're sorry, but you won't have access to this phone for two weeks. And what happened at school... why?" he questioned, his eyes probing mine for the truth. My vision blurred with unshed tears, I mustered a feeble response, stumbling over my words. "Nothing, I... um... I was just... bored."

It was evident that my fabricated explanation failed to convince them, and my father and I exchanged a wordless acknowledgement. Disheartened, they rose from their positions and retreated, leaving me alone on the couch, engulfed in a cavernous solitude that I desperately wished to escape.

Yearning for company, I conceded defeat, whispering, "Okay... I'm sorry. But he... he was grabbing me, and I told him to stop, but he didn't listen. I just... I punched him." A moment frozen in time followed as Steve and Bucky turned, their eyes filled with understanding and compassion. They closed the distance between us, enveloping me in a warm, heartfelt embrace that whispered of solidarity and protection.

We sought refuge in the company of one another, finding solace in the flickering images on the television screen. Exhaustion eventually consumed me, and I succumbed to sleep, cradled securely in Steve's arms. Two hours later, they gently roused me from my slumber, their voices laced with affection as they whispered, "Food is ready, baby."

Yawning and rubbing my eyes, I followed them to the table, grateful for the nourishment they had prepared. After we finished our meal, I expressed my gratitude for the delicious food before retreating upstairs. An hour passed, and just as the weight of solitude threatened to crush me once more, they entered my room, their arms outstretched in a loving embrace. We held each other tightly, drawing strength from the connection we shared.

Yet, in the midst of the tender moment, an unrelenting sickness returned, causing me to retch violently once again. Panic crossed their faces, propelling them into action. As I lay in bed, feigning sleep, they approached with pills and a glass of water, concern etched on their features. I resisted, my fear and reluctance to take medication bubbling to the surface. Pretending to be asleep, I clenched my jaw and bit the inside of my mouth to distract myself from their persistent attempts.

Suddenly, I felt Bucky's presence hovering over me, his voice a gentle whisper that pierced through my charade. "Hey, dolly, don't pretend to sleep, and don't bite the inside of your mouth," he murmured, his eyes meeting mine, betraying the traces of tears I had shed. Unable to maintain the facade any longer, I reluctantly opened my eyes, surrendering to the vulnerability within me.

Bucky enveloped me in a comforting embrace, his arms offering both support and solace. Time seemed to stand still as Steve approached with the pills once more, his voice laced with a mix of concern and determination. "If you won't take them willingly, we'll have to do it the hard way," he said softly, his gaze fixed upon me. Fear coursed through my veins at the thought of an alternative, and with a tremor in my hands, I reached for the pills and swallowed them, hoping for relief from the relentless sickness.

As the medication took effect, exhaustion washed over me once more. Nestled within Bucky's protective embrace, I surrendered to sleep, finding fleeting respite from the physical and emotional turmoil that engulfed me.

With the arrival of morning, the world greeted me with renewed agony. The sickness, unyielding in its grip, left me weak and helpless. I stumbled out of bed, only to succumb to a fit of retching, unable to reach the safety of the bathroom floor. Tears streamed down my face as I cried out in pain, my distress echoing through the empty halls.

In mere moments, Steve swept me into his arms, his strength and tenderness carrying me to the bathroom. Bucky, ever reliable, took charge, determined to alleviate the mess left in my wake. Steve returned with fresh clothes, his voice filled with concern as he conversed with my father. "We should take her to the doctor's. This isn't normal," he asserted, his voice tinged with worry.

My heart skipped a beat at the mention of doctors and hospitals, my fear threatening to consume me. Unbeknownst to me, their phone call yielded no assistance, prompting Bucky to propose an alternative. "We could go to Bruce. I mean, he's something like a doctor, right?" he suggested, his eyes darting between Steve and my father. Steve nodded, a flicker of relief crossing his face, as they reached a collective decision.

They gently lifted me, their arms supporting me as we made our way towards the lab. Bruce, a trusted friend and brilliant scientist, became our beacon of hope. I drifted in and out of consciousness, finding fleeting moments of peace within Bucky's embrace.

When I finally awakened, my surroundings had transformed into the familiar sights and sounds of the lab. Bucky carefully laid me down, his touch tender and comforting. The presence of Bruce offered a glimmer of reassurance, his expertise a source of comfort amidst my trepidation.