10

After some time, my fathers announced, "Come on, Y/N, we must go home." I bid farewell to Nat and Wanda, exchanging hugs and goodbyes with the other Avengers. We then made our way back, driving in the car as Steve chuckled at something amusing.

Curious, I asked, "What is it, Dad?"

With a playful glint in his eyes, Steve responded, "Nothing, just wondering if we're only your 'just' cuddle buddies."

Bucky joined in the laughter, and I chimed in, "Yeah, I think so."

We shared a lighthearted moment of laughter, temporarily easing the weight of recent events.

But soon, a wave of nausea washed over me, and I hastily opened the car door, unable to contain the sickness. Steve quickly stopped the car, and I stumbled out, vomiting. My fathers rushed to my side, their concern evident. They carefully lifted me back into the car, and we promptly headed to the doctor's office.

Fear welled up inside me, and I pleaded, "Uhm, I need to use the restroom."

They nodded understandingly, and I scanned my surroundings, desperately seeking an escape. Spotting a window, I quickly climbed through it, clumsily landing on the floor. Wincing in pain, I took a moment to gather myself, leaning against the wall. However, it wasn't long before I heard the voices of nurses calling out my name.

Refusing to be caught, I mustered every ounce of strength to run, even though my body felt weak. With trembling legs, I dialed Natasha's number, gasping for breath.

"N...Nat, is that you?!" I managed to utter.

Natasha's soothing voice came through the phone, "Honey? Yes, yes, it's me. Where are you? Your dads are worried sick!"

Struggling to speak, I whispered, "Where are my dads?"

"In the hospital, looking for you," she replied.

Feeling drained, I whispered once more, "Okay, okay... I'm just gonna lay down here."

Panicked, Natasha pleaded, "Y/N, where are you?! Y/N, Y/N!"

Collapsing onto the grass, I succumbed to exhaustion, my body and mind surrendering to the darkness.

When I regained consciousness, my head throbbed with pain. As I attempted to rise, a doctor and a group of nurses approached me.

The doctor stated, "So, you're awake. Well, luckily, someone found you."

I glanced at him and then around the room, my vision blurring before everything went black again.

After an hour passed, the doctor remarked, "Okay, she should wake up soon."

A nurse pondered, "Should I give her the injection now or wait until she wakes up?"

The doctor decided, "Wait until she wakes up."

Faking sleep, I trembled with fear, biting the inside of my mouth in anxious anticipation. Then, the sound of my fathers' voices reached my ears.

Bucky expressed concern, "We should talk to her when we get back home."

Steve's voice echoed, filled with worry, "What is her problem lately?"

Bucky shared his apprehension, "I don't know, but I'm worried."

Steve reassured, "I'm worried too, but she'll wake up soon."

Suddenly, Bucky's footsteps approached my bed, and he peered into my face. Shaking and breathing heavily, I tried to remain still. My father's voice broke through the silence, "Y/N, I know you're awake. Open your eyes, please."

Slowly, I opened my eyes, meeting their concerned gazes. Meanwhile, a nurse approached
and held an injection in her hand.

The nurse greeted me with a gentle smile, saying, "Hi, little one. This won't hurt."

I shook my head in resistance, attempting to stand up, but the nurse firmly held my arm down. Frustrated, I kicked and flailed, crying out in protest. More nurses rushed to restrain me, their grip tightening as I screamed and wept for nearly ten minutes before they finally succeeded in administering the injection. Yet, tears continued to stream down my face, my cries echoing through the room.

After a few minutes, the doctors approached my fathers and engaged in a conversation with them. Feeling exhausted, I allowed myself to drift off to sleep once more.

When I woke up at 3 am, the room was cloaked in darkness. Slipping out of bed, I tiptoed through the quiet hospital, carefully peeking into various rooms. I heard my name being called in hushed tones, prompting me to quicken my pace.

As they closed in on the room where I was hiding, panic set in. I tried to stand, but my legs gave way, causing a broom to clatter to the floor. The sound caught the attention of a nurse who swiftly opened the door, her eyes widening in surprise.

She reached out and firmly grasped my hand, determined to bring me back to my room. Defeated, I allowed her to guide me, my eyes downcast as we approached my anxious fathers.

I met their concerned gaze, unable to muster the courage to look them in the eye. The nurse spoke softly, breaking the tension, "The doctor said you could go home now."

With a nod of gratitude, my fathers thanked the nurse and took hold of my arm, gathering our belongings. We stepped out of the hospital, enveloped in silence. No words were spoken as we climbed into the car, a heavy atmosphere filling the space between us.

Glancing down at my phone, I began texting Lukas, a friend who had been supportive throughout my ordeal.

Lukas: "Hey, bub!"

Y/N: "Hi, what's up?"

Lukas: "Nothing much. How are you?"

Y/N: "Good. And you?"

Lukas: "Same. Want to go to a party tonight?"

Y/N: "I don't know..."

Lukas: "Come on, pleaseeeee."

Y/N: "I'll think about it."

We continued our silent journey, my fingers idly tapping on the screen as I contemplated Lukas's invitation