17

Two hours later, I groggily opened my eyes to find myself in the sterile confines of the lab. Every movement sent waves of pain coursing through my weakened body, and I struggled to sit up. Bruce, the ever-present scientist, approached me with concern etched across his face. "Hey, little one, how do you feel?" he inquired softly.

I mustered a tired and feeble gaze, my eyes drawn to the heartbreaking sight of Bucky, his tears flowing freely as he sought solace in Steve's comforting embrace. A lump formed in my throat, and tears welled up in my own eyes. Bruce's voice pulled me back to the present, urging me to express my pain. With a voice weakened by exhaustion, I managed to respond, "No... Just my legs, and I feel weak."

Bruce nodded, his eyes filled with empathy as he rolled up my pant legs, exposing the source of my agony. He pressed gently on my leg, testing for any reaction, but the pain erupted fiercely, causing me to cry out in anguish. "Please, please...stop," I pleaded, my voice barely above a whisper, my tears mingling with the despair that clung to my trembling form.

Sensing my anguish, my fathers held my hand tightly, their presence offering a small measure of comfort in the midst of the pain. Bruce returned with a syringe in hand, and my desperate pleas fell upon deaf ears. "Please, don't... please? No, please, no," I cried, my tears flowing even more freely.

My fathers held me steady, their touch a bittersweet reminder of their unwavering love. With a heavy heart, Bruce administered the injection, and as the darkness enveloped me once more, I caught a fleeting glimpse of my fathers, their eyes filled with a mixture of sadness and hope.

When I awoke again, my phone was returned to me, a small comfort in the midst of my shattered world. With trembling hands, I opened Mia's messages, tears cascading down my cheeks as I read her final words. The weight of her sacrifice and love crushed my fragile heart, and I clung to her memory, forever etched within the depths of my soul.

Suddenly, Peter's laughter echoed through the compound, and my anguish morphed into rage. I rushed towards him, my fists clenched and my voice trembling, demanding an answer to the unanswerable, "Why did you do this?! She was my best friend?"

My fathers swiftly intervened, pulling me away from Peter's reach, their touch a lifeline amidst the storm of my fury. I shared Mia's message with them, and the weight of grief settled upon us all. I sobbed uncontrollably, my body shaking with the intensity of my emotions, as I futilely tried to break free from their grasp and unleash my wrath upon Peter.

But then, Tony stepped forward, his anguish and anger mirroring my own. In a swift motion, he slapped Peter across the face, and I gasped, my eyes wide with shock. The silence that followed was heavy with the realization of the irreparable damage inflicted upon our lives.

After the storm of emotions subsided, I longed to retreat to the solace of my room, to find refuge from the piercing pain that refused to fade. However, my respite was short-lived, as Thor's booming voice shattered the fragile tranquility, drawing our attention to his newfound brother, Loki. With a flirtatious greeting, he addressed me as a "beautiful young lady," causing me to roll my eyes, desperate for a moment of reprieve.

But Loki's grip tightened, preventing my escape, and his voice carried a playful admonishment, "You know, we shouldn't roll our eyes, right?" Frustration welled within me, and I pleaded, "Leave me alone!" Yet, his hold only tightened, defying my pleas. My fathers, ready to intervene, prepared to defend their daughter, but before they could act, I unleashed my anger, slapping Loki across the face, and fled upstairs, tears streaming down my cheeks.

He made a move to pursue me, but my fathers' protective instincts roared to life. "Leave our daughter alone!" they commanded, their voices laced with a mixture of fury and protectiveness. Loki hesitated, then turned away, his attention shifting to Peter, who stood by, a silent witness to the turmoil that unfolded.

Seeking solace within the confines of my room, I wiped away my tears as a gentle knock echoed through the silence. "Come in," I whispered, my voice quivering with residual emotion. Loki entered, his eyes filled with remorse as he repeated his apologies countless times, a flood of sincerity that elicited a rare laugh from my weary soul. Eventually, we descended the stairs together, his presence a reminder that even in the darkest moments, unexpected connections could form.

I still wore a fragile smile as I settled onto Steve's lap, my exhaustion finally overpowering me. I yawned, snuggling closer to him, finding solace in his unwavering embrace. And as the weight of sorrow tugged at my eyelids, I drifted into a restless sleep, my dreams haunted by memories of a lost friendship and the unsteady path toward healing