61

⚠️TW: SUICIDE⚠️

In the dimly lit room, I awoke to find Dad, silently weeping in front of the window. The clock read 3 am, a time when the world was cloaked in darkness and our emotions often ran wild.

"Dad" I called out, my voice trembling with concern. "Dad, what's wrong?"

Bucky, his voice choked with tears, urged me to go back to sleep. "Honey, you should try to get some rest..."

But I couldn't just ignore his pain. I moved closer, wrapping my arms around him in a comforting embrace. "Tell me, please. What's troubling you?"

With a quivering voice, he replied, "Just a nightmare... nothing more."

Seeking solace in his presence, I snuggled beside him, and together we drifted off to sleep. As the night progressed, I could sense a warm arm and a comforting blanket draped over us, a gentle reminder of Steve...

Morning arrived, and I bounded downstairs, greeting Clint's kids and Laura with a cheerful "Good morning." Laura, in her kindness, prepared a stack of fluffy pancakes that filled the room with their delightful aroma. I devoured two pancakes, savoring every bite, before we all headed outside.

The air was crisp as the children and I engaged in lively games of soccer and football. Joy filled the atmosphere, and I basked in the happiness that surrounded us. All eyes were fixed on our playfulness, and for a fleeting moment, I felt truly content.

Clint interrupted our games, beckoning for our assistance. "C'mon, guys, we could use your help with something!"

Tony interjected, pointing out that I needed to continue my training. Reluctantly, Clint nodded in agreement, and I began my training regimen.

An hour passed, and just as Clint called for a break, a searing pain erupted in my head. It was then that I saw her again—Mia, my dear departed friend.

"Mia," I whispered, my voice filled with longing and sorrow. "I miss you."

In a ghostly tone, Mia responded, "I miss you too...oh Peter."

Embarrassment washed over Peter's face as I questioned, "What's wrong?"

Suddenly I wasn't near the others, we were in Mia's old room...with Peter!

His voice faltered as he admitted, "I kissed her..."

Shock and confusion gripped me. "What?"

Peter's words spilled out in a rush, "It was just one kiss, and it meant absolutely nothing... I made a foolish mistake..."

Mia's voice trembled with hurt as she lashed out, "Was Mj prettier than me?!"

Peter, desperate to defend himself, hurriedly denied it. "No! Mia, please believe me!"

But Mia's pain turned into anger, and she accused him, "LIAR!"

Frustrated, Peter shouted, "Mia!"

Unable to bear witness to their anguish, I found myself transported back to the day Mia had tragically passed away. Overwhelmed by grief, I stood frozen, my heart breaking all over again.

Peter's voice trembled as he tried to reach out to me, "Y/n-"

Uttering a feeble response, I stammered, "Uhm..."

Without further explanation, I turned and walked away, seeking refuge within the confines of the house. I locked all the doors and windows, feeling an overwhelming need to shield myself from the pain and confusion that engulfed me.

"Y/n, open the door right now!" Bucky's voice pleaded with urgency.

I met his gaze with tear-stained eyes, my resolve unyielding. Slowly, I turned away, my heart heavy with indescribable anguish. Steve, his voice filled with concern, called out my name, desperately trying to reach me.