49

I awoke from my slumber and made my way downstairs using crutches to support myself. Finding no one in the vicinity, I seized the opportunity to grab some ice cream and ventured outside into the snowy landscape. Settling into the cold snow, I indulged in the sweet treat, seeking solace in its temporary comfort.

An hour passed, and amidst the serenity of the snowfall, I heard my name being called. Steve's voice echoed through the air, filled with concern and urgency. He spotted me sitting in the snow and hurriedly lifted me off the ground. The rest of the Avengers emerged from the compound, their eyes falling upon the unusual sight.

Steve carried me back inside, and I let out a sigh of resignation. His disapproval was palpable as he chided me, "Y/n, you can't go out wearing just this!"

I responded irritably, "Yeah, fine..." my annoyance evident in my tone.

Bucky's voice filled with authority, he reproached me, "Y/n!"

I rolled my eyes, attempting to move away with my crutches, but Bucky firmly grasped my arm and escorted me to my room, our designated time-out spot.

Guided by his stern grip, I sat on the designated spot while Bucky confiscated my crutches and locked the door behind him. Seizing the moment, I retrieved a book I had hidden away and delved into its pages, losing myself in the world it held.

After the prescribed 15 minutes had passed, my dads entered the room. I quickly concealed the book, attempting to act nonchalant. Steve's voice cut through the silence, filled with curiosity, "What was that?"

I remained silent, staring at my hands, reluctant to share my thoughts and feelings. Steve pressed, determined to understand, "Earth to Y/n!"

Still struggling to express myself, I muttered, "Nothing."

Bucky returned my crutches, and I took them, making my way downstairs with a slow and steady pace. The unfamiliarity of walking with crutches slowed me down considerably.

Tony greeted me with a cheerful "Morning!" while Loki playfully dubbed me a "troublemaker." I acknowledged their greetings with a simple "morning" before settling down at the table. Spoonful by spoonful, I attempted to eat the breakfast placed before me, but my appetite was absent.

Tony, determined to assert his authority, commanded, "No, you will eat it!"

I responded, my frustration evident, "I'm not hungry, but thanks!"

He retorted firmly, "That wasn't a question!"

Defiantly, I replied, "Well, I'm not hungry!"

Thor interjected, voicing his disdain for our ongoing debate. I mirrored his sentiment, "Well, this lightning god of hammers is right. I hate discussions too, so let's stop!"

Tony tried to engage in a power struggle, but Thor was quick to intervene, diverting the tension momentarily. However, their efforts were in vain, as my dads descended the stairs, sighing with disappointment as they witnessed the scene unfold once again.

Bucky's voice carried a tinge of resignation as he pleaded, "Eat now!"

I stubbornly refused, "No!"

Steve joined in, his voice filled with desperation, "Please!"

Again, I rejected their pleas, my defiance resolute, "No!"

In a moment of frustration, Bucky relented, "Oh, man, okay!"

Seizing the opportunity, he took hold of me, forcing me into a seated position. While Bucky held my arms, Steve and Tony attempted to feed me. However, I resisted, spitting out the food and straining against Bucky's grip.