81

Liz's voice carried an air of practicality, a hint of urgency, "Alright... so, uhm, you can throw up by yourself, right? So do it, and in the meantime, I will go downstairs and bring us something to drink!"

Y/n's response held a mixture of uncertainty and resignation, "Uhm, okay..."

Fear gnawed at me, the realization that my secret was on the brink of being uncovered. The consequences of my actions loomed large, and I dreaded the thought of my dads finding out.

Liz's voice pushed forward, brisk and slightly impatient, "Okay, c'mon, go!"

I followed her instructions, feeling a sense of unease as I started throwing up. Five minutes later, Liz returned, her voice reappearing with a sense of practicality, "Alright! Good... uhm, now you will do some sport!"

Hours of intense training left me drained, my body aching and my mind exhausted.

Liz's voice held a weary gentleness, a sign of understanding, "Well, you look tired, so... let's go to bed."

My voice, heavy with fatigue, responded softly, "Night."

Liz echoed the sentiment, her tone conveying a weary but caring farewell, "Night."

~morning~

My dads woke us up, and the drive to school carried a subdued atmosphere, the weight of the previous day's events still palpable.

~p.e~

The physical education class was a grueling challenge, made even more daunting by the fatigue from the previous day.

A hurtful remark from a classmate stung, the teacher's tone urging me to push forward despite my limitations, "Y/n! C'mon, faster!"

Y/n's voice quivered, a mix of exhaustion and humiliation, "I-im so sorry, I-I can't..."

Gasping for air, my strength gave out, and I collapsed to my knees.

Peter's voice was a soothing presence, filled with concern and urgency, "Omg! Y/n! Hey, hey, hey, look at me! C'mon, look at me! Y/n, shhh, I will call your dads! Listen, your dads will be here in a minute, okay?"

His words were a lifeline, providing comfort as I clung to his presence.

Liz's voice interjected, a mix of encouragement and determination, "Y/n, c'mon, stand up! Think about what we were talking about yesterday!"

Summoning whatever strength remained, I forced myself to stand and resume running. But moments later, dizziness overwhelmed me, and I felt myself swaying.

Liz's voice pushed with insistence, "Y/n, c'mon!"

Peter's voice rose in defense, his tone protective, "Leave her alone! Y/n, come lay down, shhh—hey, your dads are here! Mr. Barnes! Here!"

My dads arrived, their voices a blend of worry and urgency. Steve's arms wrapped around me, his soothing presence bringing a sense of comfort.

Steve's voice, gentle yet firm, reassured me as he placed a breathing aid in my hand, "Everything will be okay... shhh, shhhh, shhhhh!"

Bucky's voice held a sense of resolve, "Alright, let's go home."

~at home~

I walked into the compound, my steps unsteady but my breathing returning to normal.

Clint's voice carried genuine concern, "Hey, are you okay?"

Sam's voice was filled with empathy, "Yeah, we heard what happened..."

My response was an attempt at normalcy, a mask to hide the turmoil within, "Yeah."

Steve's voice carried a tinge of suspicion, "Y/n, do you know how that could happen?"