15

The phone on Tony's desk rang, jolting him from his thoughts. It was the hospital calling with news about Mia. She had awakened and was ready to be discharged, but it was revealed that she had been suffering from abuse at the hands of her parents. With her older sister absent, Tony decided to bring her to the safety of the compound.

As I stirred from my slumber, my eyes met Mia's as she ran towards me, embracing me tightly. Overwhelmed with emotion, tears streamed down my face as I returned her hug.

Through tear-streaked cheeks, I managed to utter, "I missed you so much. Please, never do this again."

We clung to each other, finding solace in our shared embrace. Eventually, we composed ourselves and began sharing stories, intermingled with moments of laughter.

After a few hours, Mia received a call from her sister, who informed her that she could pick her up. With heavy hearts, we bid each other farewell, and Mia departed from the compound.

Seeking comfort, I nestled between my dads, and soon, exhaustion overcame me. Steve gently carried me to my room, tucking me in before quietly leaving the space. Hours later, I stirred from my sleep, only to find a message from Lukas on my phone.

Lukas: Y/n, we're going next week. Today isn't a good idea, okay babe?

Y/n: Yeah, okay.

The next morning arrived, marked by snowfall that blanketed the surroundings in white. It was November, and the biting cold filled the air. Despite the frigid weather, I had to attend school. I reluctantly rose from bed, changed my clothes, and prepared to face the day. My dads accompanied me, driving me to school.

The day seemed ordinary until Liz directed hurtful words at me, Mia, and my family. Unable to bear her cruelty, I snapped, and a physical altercation ensued. Blow after blow was exchanged between us, with the teacher witnessing the entire ordeal. My dads were summoned, but they were preoccupied, so Tony arrived to pick me up. His expression revealed his anger, and I found myself unable to meet his gaze.

Silently, Tony led me to the car, and as we arrived home, an eerie silence hung in the air. Wanda tended to my bruised eye with an ice pack, and Bucky, growing impatient, asked, "Do you want to tell us what happened?"

Unresponsive, I continued to stare at the ground, the weight of the situation heavy on my shoulders. Steve, unable to bear my silence any longer, implored, "Hey, Y/n! We're talking to you!"

Tony, growing increasingly frustrated, decided to intervene. He sternly stated, "Okay, still no reaction? We have a video of what happened, so..."

The room fell into a tense silence as Tony played the footage, exposing the truth of the altercation. Tears welled up in my eyes, and Tony, probing for a response, asked, "Is there something you want to say?"

Overwhelmed by sadness and anger, I couldn't contain myself any longer. Shouting in anguish, I retorted, "OMG, just leave me alone! And fuck off! Tony, you're not even my dad, so stop! Okay?! I don't give a fuck about what you think!"

Running out of the compound, I sought solace in my tears, sprinting as fast as my feet would carry me. I didn't stop until I saw Mia, and we embraced tightly, seeking refuge in each other's arms. I poured out my heart to her, and together, we embarked on a walk, finding solace in our shared pain.

Hours passed, and the sound of my dad's voice echoed through the air. Bucky's anger was palpable as he called out, "Y/N, stop! Don't you dare run away!" Mia appeared apprehensive, her eyes darting between us. Determined to protect her, I approached Bucky, bid Mia farewell, and allowed myself to be led back to the compound.

Trying to evade Tony's grasp, I made a desperate dash for my room, but he intercepted me. As punishment, he subjected me to a cold shower. Overwhelmed by a mix of emotions, I lashed out, hitting him in my fury. Trembling, I retreated to my room, feeling the icy grip of fear and uncertainty.

Days passed, and the lakes froze over completely. During this time, Mia did not contact me, and my anxiety grew with each passing moment. My dads, Wanda, and Natasha tried to keep a watchful eye on me as we ventured outside for a walk. Reluctantly, I joined them.

We reached a frozen lake, and to my astonishment, Mia stood upon it. Joy filled my heart, and I called out to her in delight. However, my smile faded as she struck the ice with such force that it shattered beneath her. Panic gripped me, and I sprinted towards her, screaming her name.

With my heart pounding in my chest, I reached her side. Frantically, I searched for her, pounding holes into the ice until I spotted her lifeless form. Pulling her out, I realized she wasn't breathing. Desperation consumed me as I attempted to administer first aid, while my dads called for an ambulance. Tears mixed with blood as I fought to revive her, but she remained unresponsive. Eventually, the ambulance arrived, and paramedics worked fervently to stabilize her before rushing her away.

In shock, I remained on the frozen lake, tears streaming down my face, my hands stained with blood. My dads came to my side, lifting me up, and guided me back to the safety of the compound. Numb with grief, they led me to my room, where I sobbed uncontrollably, unable to find solace.

Time passed, and three days melted into an agonizing blur. I emerged from my room, tears still streaming down my face, my eyes filled with emptiness. Silence enveloped the room as I aimlessly roamed, waiting for news from the doctor.

Attempting to console me, Steve implored, "Y/n, please stop. She will be okay."

Bucky added, his voice filled with conviction, "Yeah, she will survive. I'm sure. I promise."

Glancing at them, my heart heavy with sorrow, I retreated upstairs. Wanda and Natasha, knowing the weight I carried, took turns checking up on me, offering support in their silent presence