30

My hands and legs bore the evidence of bruises, and Steve, noticing them, picked me up, his concern evident in his voice, "Where did you get these from?!" I quickly responded, "Oh, uh, I got them during dance class. I tripped and fell last time. Sorry." He chuckled, and I embraced him tightly, seeking comfort in his presence.

Peter arrived with a speaker box, and we laughed as he played the song "This Is the Life." Taking my hand, Peter spun me around, and we danced together. As I glanced at the table, I noticed Loki's jealous expression, and in that moment, Peter twirled me in a circle. I grinned, realizing that I needed to practice for dance class, and excused myself, heading downstairs to dance to Blackpink's "How You Like That."

After my dance session, I took a refreshing shower and hastily made my way downstairs. Bucky couldn't help but shout, "Y/n! Stop running!" I responded with an apologetic tone, "Yeah, sorry, Dad," and settled onto the couch. However, boredom soon crept in, prompting me to rise and make my way towards the exit. Just as I was about to leave, Clint grasped my arm and demanded, "Where do you think you're going?" I rolled my eyes, retorting, "That's none of your business." He forcibly guided me back to the others, so I opted to retreat to my room instead. Yet, Clint reappeared, taking hold of my arm and placing me on the timeout bench.

Sighing in exasperation, I rolled my eyes and muttered, "Really? I just wanted to go out." Clint walked away, leaving me to sit there in solitude. Peter approached me, and I inquired about the reason for his own punishment. He explained, "They sent me here because I shouted at them." I chuckled in response.

Once the ten minutes elapsed, Clint, Tony, Bucky, and Steve approached us. Tony asked, "Do you know what you did?" Peter and I nodded, acknowledging our missteps. They released us, and we burst into laughter, racing back to the couch. However, exhaustion soon consumed me, and I found myself yawning uncontrollably.

"Awww, someone's tired," Peter teased, seizing my hand. He laid down, and I nestled atop his chest. When I opened my eyes, my dads were standing in front of me. I yawned, offering them a smile. I remained on top of Peter, facing him for a moment before standing up to face my fathers. They mentioned that dinner would be ready soon, and I nodded in response, heading over to play with Morgan.

We enjoyed our time together until dinner was served. As we ate, my mind wandered, consumed by thoughts of becoming an Avenger. Unbeknownst to me, Wanda had picked up on my musings, and she laughed. Startled, I attempted to leave the room, but my dads inquired about Wanda's observation. She stuttered, "Uh, oh, I mean, I saw that she was thinking about dancing." My fathers accepted her explanation and gently caressed my hair.

Later that evening, I climbed upstairs and drifted off to sleep without removing my makeup, fearing that they would discover the bruises on my face.

Morning

I descended the stairs, taking Peter's hand and bidding him farewell. We shared a laugh, but as we entered the school, Flash's gaze fixed upon me. Sensing trouble, I turned to Peter and said, "You're going home alone today, okay?" He nodded, and as I tried to walk away, Flash seized my arm, dragging me into an alley. He unleashed a barrage of insults, shouting, "You're so fat and ugly!"

I lay there for a few moments, gathering my strength, and then mustered the courage to stand up. I sprinted home, rushing up to my room to apply makeup and change. My dads banged on the door, their voices filled with worry and anger, "Y/n Barnes Rogers, open the goddamn door now!" I trembled, but I complied with their demand.

Grabbing my arm, they shouted at me, "Where the fuck were you?! We were worried!" I looked at them, unable to meet their gaze, and simply apologized. Although their anger remained, we made our way downstairs, where everyone's eyes were fixated on me. Peter approached me, inquiring about my whereabouts, and I replied, "Just by Mia..."

He nodded in understanding, and we resumed eating. However, the words uttered by Flash lingered in my mind, casting a shadow over my thoughts. Abruptly, I stopped eating and retreated to my room, seeking solace in solitude.