41

Steve gently laid me down on my bed, trying to soothe my agitated state. However, even in my sleep, I was consumed by turmoil—kicking, sweating, and engulfed in a fit of tears and panic. After what felt like an eternity, exhaustion finally overcame me, and I drifted into a troubled slumber.

The following morning, I stirred from my restless sleep and made my way downstairs. As I caught sight of myself in the mirror, the vivid red and blue mark on my cheek served as a painful reminder. My heart sank, and I hurried downstairs to the couch, seeking solace.

Desperate to mend the broken friendship with Sophie, I scrolled through my phone, hoping for a chance to reconcile. Amidst my contemplation, I heard the Avengers descending the stairs, and I instinctively averted my gaze.

Sam greeted me cheerfully, "Morning!"

Clint chimed in, "Morning, Y/N!"

Nat and Wanda offered their warm greetings, "Morning, little one."

Everyone, except my fathers, exchanged pleasantries, and I mustered the strength to join in. "Morning," I replied quietly.

Steve, my ever-caring father, addressed me tenderly, "Morning, Missy!"

Bucky's voice, tinged with affection, followed suit, "Morning, baby doll..."

Feeling overwhelmed, I turned my gaze away, tears welling up in my eyes. Sensing my distress, Wanda intervened, urging me to greet everyone and join them for breakfast. Reluctantly, I hid the bruised side of my face behind my hair and managed to utter a morning greeting. Resigned, I made my way to the table, where a plate brimming with food awaited me.

Tony's commanding voice echoed, "Eat!"

Thor chimed in, "And put your hair away!"

With a heavy sigh, I shook my head, unable to comply. Just as I rose to leave, Clint firmly grasped my hand, guiding me back to my seat and deftly fashioning a makeshift ponytail. The visible mark on my cheek didn't escape anyone's notice, and tears welled up in my eyes.

Overwhelmed, I dashed upstairs and locked myself in my room, feeling the familiar grip of anxiety tightening around my chest. The walls closed in, making it difficult to breathe, and I crumpled to the floor, gasping for air.

Bucky, ever watchful, hurriedly ascended the stairs, concern etched on his face. Witnessing my distress, he retrieved the breathing aid and cradled me in his arms, whispering words of comfort. Tears streamed down my face, a reflection of the fear that held me captive. I attempted to escape, but Bucky held me close, his embrace offering a measure of solace. The rapid thumping of his heart mirrored the erratic rhythm of my breath, until eventually, both steadied.

Minutes later, I fell into an exhausted slumber against his chest, finding solace in his protective hold.

After an hour had passed, I awoke and summoned the strength to face the world once again. I made my way downstairs, where the Avengers had gathered. Tony's stern voice warned against running, and I halted in my tracks. As I descended, all eyes turned to me, causing my guard to go up instinctively. Frustrated, I let myself sink onto the couch, worn down by the weight of it all.

The sound of my fathers descending the stairs prompted me to rise, intending to escape their presence. Steve, however, chased after me, gripping my arm firmly. Memories of the previous day flooded my mind, and panic coursed through my veins. Desperate to break free from his hold, I flailed, striking out against him, my breathing quickening and tears streaming down my face. Concerned, he led me outside, desperately seeking answers.

"What's wrong? Stop hitting me! I just wanted to hug you," Steve pleaded, his voice tinged with hurt.

Tears clouded my vision as I met his gaze, my voice trembling with vulnerability. "I... uh... I'm so sorry," I managed to whisper, my admission tainted by fear. Sensing my vulnerability, Steve cradled my face gently, his eyes falling upon the bruise. In that moment, understanding washed over him, and he realized the source of my deep-rooted fear.

"I won't tell him, Y/N. I don't want to see him upset either," he assured me, his voice filled with compassion. We embraced, seeking solace in each other's arms.

To my surprise, Bucky stood before us, his sorrow evident in his tear-stained eyes. Consumed by guilt, I barely managed to utter a barely audible apology before retreating into the compound, seeking refuge.

Every eye followed me, and I could feel their concern weighing heavily upon me as both Bucky and Steve approached, tears streaming down Bucky's face. Overwhelmed, I hurriedly changed my attire and escaped the compound, driving away on my motorbike.

The Avengers gave chase, and within minutes, my fathers joined the pursuit on their own motorbikes. As Bucky blocked my path, I braked abruptly, losing control and tumbling off the bike, my head striking the ground. Worried, they rushed to my side, and Bucky removed my helmet, revealing a bleeding wound. Filled with panic, Bucky scooped me into his arms, rushing me to the hospital for medical attention.

The medical team quickly tended to my injuries, stitching the wound before allowing me to return home. Although I was left with bruises and a bleeding lip, the injuries were not severe. As we arrived back at the compound, my legs throbbing in pain, Steve gently carried me upstairs, careful to protect my injured limbs.

I was taken to the lab, where Bruce assessed the extent of my bruises, diligently disinfecting each one. The pain became unbearable as he attempted to treat my injured legs, prompting him to cut open my trousers. The wounds were bleeding profusely, and with delicate precision, he applied the necessary dressings.

Finally, Steve guided me to my room, and with exhaustion setting in, I fell asleep once more.

When I awoke, I found Bucky placing cold towels on my legs and carefully bandaging them. Overwhelmed with guilt, I whispered my apologies, causing him to break down in tears, feeling responsible for the pain I had endured. Embracing him tightly, I reassured him of our bond, offering solace and forgiveness.

Bucky lifted me into his arms, carrying me downstairs. The others rushed over, expressing their concern and inquiring about my well-being. I found solace in their embrace, offering a simple response, "I'm good..."

Laughter filled the air as they playfully engaged with one another, and a film was selected—Five Feet Apart. Lost in the comfort of Bucky's and Steve's lap, I eventually succumbed to sleep.

Later, Bucky tenderly carried me to his and Steve's room, where the night stretched on.

In the quiet darkness, as the clock struck 1 am, the weight of the world rested upon my shoulders, and tears stained my pillow.

__________________________
Sorry that I hadn't posted today but I had school.....

I will post more tomorrow and this weekend maybe 😊

__________________________
Snap: justx_saraa just tell me if you need something!