11

We arrived back home, and as I stepped into the house, my intention was to retreat to my room. However, Bucky's voice halted me in my tracks. "I don't think so. Come on, it's time for a family meeting."

I kept my gaze fixed on the ground, my body trembling with apprehension. Taking a seat, I braced myself for the difficult conversation that awaited.

Bucky wasted no time in addressing my actions. "Really, y/n?! Why did you run out of the hospital? We were worried sick! And then... Oh my God, how did you even think of hiding somewhere we wouldn't find you?! Huh? Say something!"

Tears welled up in my eyes as I continued to stare at the floor, the weight of their disappointment pressing heavily upon me.

Steve crouched down in front of me, his voice filled with concern. "Y/n? What were you thinking? Come on, tell us..."

I bit anxiously at the inside of my mouth, unable to find the words to express the turmoil within me. Bucky sighed and gently took hold of my arm.

In the bathroom, he examined my mouth and noticed the traces of blood. He handed me water, allowing me to rinse and clean up. Moments later, Steve joined us, his voice tentative as he delivered unexpected news.

"Y/n... um, I know it's going to be difficult, but we've made a decision. We're going to move in with the Avengers."

Startled, I raised my tear-streaked face and shook my head vigorously, pleading desperately. "No, please... Dad, no. I'll do anything... Please, don't do this."

But their resolve remained unyielding. Defeated, I retreated to my room, overcome by a panic attack that left me gasping for breath. Frantically, I reached out to my friend Mia, pouring out my heart to her over the phone.

Mia's comforting presence helped calm my racing thoughts, if only for a while. After some time, my dads entered the room and found me on the floor, sobbing and still clutching the phone.

"Y/n, please... We're sorry, but we believe it's for the best," Steve attempted to soothe, his voice tinged with regret.

Fury ignited within me, and I erupted in anger, my words lashing out. "Really? The best? Peter is the worst thing that could have happened to me! And I don't have any friends there. What do you want from me?"

Overwhelmed by emotions, I collapsed once again, my cries echoing through the room. Mia's call had long ended, unnoticed in the midst of my distress.

Steve settled himself in front of me, enveloping me in a gentle hug, but I fought against his grasp, desperately trying to break free. "Hey, missy, I'm so, so sorry, okay? Shhh... Come here, please. It will be fine. Shhh..."

Exhausted, I finally surrendered to his embrace, my body wracked with sobs and uncontrollable shivers. An hour passed, and gradually, Steve managed to calm me down.

"It's 10 a.m. Do you want to have breakfast?" he offered, his voice gentle.

I nodded weakly, and Steve lifted me into his arms, carrying me downstairs. As he prepared our meal, I yawned and rubbed my tired eyes. After finishing, exhaustion overwhelmed me once more.

Bucky lifted me from the couch and pulled me into a warm embrace. I hugged him back tightly and soon drifted off to sleep, feeling safe in his arms.

When I awoke hours later, I found myself alone in my dad's bed. Getting up, I made my way downstairs, where I discovered Bucky and Steve packing their belongings into boxes.

They turned their attention toward me, and I offered them a smile. They asked, "So... do you want to pack your things now or later?"

Eager to contribute, I grabbed a few boxes and began organizing my belongings. After several hours, I finished and brought them downstairs, where my dads greeted me with smiles. They carefully loaded the boxes into the car, and we set off for the Avengers' compound.

During the drive, I texted back and forth with Mia and Lukas, informing them of the move.

Lukas asked, "So, will you come to the party, babe?"

Regrettably, I responded, "Sorry, I can't. We're moving."

Lukas's reply was a brief "Oh, okay. Bye."

But a glimmer of hope sparked within me, and I added, "But maybe I could do something..."

As we arrived at our new home, I leaped out of the car and ran toward Nat and Wanda, who enveloped me in warm hugs. Peter's gaze met mine, his expression softened, but forgiveness didn't come so easily.

Once we finished unpacking, I made my way downstairs, where Tony explained the new rules, marking the beginning of a new chapter in my life at the Avengers' compound