64

After ten agonizing minutes, I slowly regained consciousness, my voice barely a whisper as I managed to mumble, "W-where are we?"

Bucky, gently hushing me, whispered back, "We're on our way home, honey. Shhh, just try to rest."

But rest was out of the question. My mind was a whirlwind of questions. I softly asked, "How much longer will we be driving?"

"And what time is it?" I added.

Bucky replied, "I don't know, but it's 10 PM."

Despite his attempt to reassure me, I couldn't stop coughing and sneezing. My body felt weak and worn-out.

Glancing behind me, I saw the other Avengers preoccupied with their phones. They seemed oblivious to my discomfort. Turning back to the window, I felt a pang of loneliness despite being surrounded by my friends.

Bucky, sensing my unease, pulled me close, and we embraced in an attempt to find comfort amidst the chaos. As I coughed into his chest, he tried his best to console me.

Suddenly, Steve brought the car to a halt and stepped out into the rain. Within minutes, he returned, drenched, carrying an assortment of supplies, including an intimidating injection.

"Peter, please, you have to help me," I pleaded, feeling terrified at the sight of the syringe.

"It's for your own good," he said softly, but his words did little to ease my fear.

My anxiety got the better of me, and I made a frantic decision to flee. I opened the car door and bolted, with Bucky close behind. The rain soaked us both, adding to my shivering and worsening my already bloody knee.

"Dolly, please, come back," Bucky implored, concern etched across his face.

He lifted me gently, cradling me in his arms, and carried me back to the car. Steve, Bruce, Thor, Bucky, and Clint surrounded me, ensuring my safety. Despite my resistance, they knew they had to administer the necessary medication to help me.

Tears streamed down my face as I felt the needle pierce my skin. Bucky held me close, whispering soothing words, trying to calm my distress.

As the minutes passed, Steve checked if I had fallen asleep. Sadly, my fever and discomfort refused to grant me any rest. But they tried to comfort me with soft music from the radio.

My exhaustion eventually won, and I drifted off again, finding momentary solace in slumber. However, my fever remained relentless, and my respite was short-lived.

At the hospital, the doctor prescribed medication, hoping it would alleviate my symptoms. Bucky carried me back to the car, and everyone expressed concern for my well-being.

Throughout the journey, Bucky never left my side, holding me close as I clung to him for warmth and comfort.

Upon arriving home in the early hours of the morning, Bruce checked my temperature again, revealing it was still alarmingly high. A necessary injection was suggested, but I couldn't bear the thought of it.

My fear escalated as Steve approached me with the syringe. I begged them to let me be, but they knew it was essential for my recovery. My desperation led to an unfortunate bite, and I immediately regretted my actions.

Amidst the chaos, Pepper arrived, swiftly silencing everyone, reminding them that Morgan was sleeping. Despite her presence, the injection couldn't be avoided. I struggled and pleaded with all my might, but my protests fell on deaf ears.

Thor tried to comfort me, but I couldn't bear the pain. I screamed into his hand, attempting to escape the torment. The injection had to stay in for a few seconds, but each moment felt like an eternity.

Finally, it was over. Tears streamed down my face, and I looked to Bucky, my rock, who tried to console me with his unwavering support.

"Dolly, it's over now," he said, his voice breaking with sorrow.

Exhausted and emotionally drained, I succumbed to sleep once more, finding some semblance of peace in Bucky's loving arms. The night had been one of agony and fear, leaving an indelible mark on my heart.

_________________________

maevericcio

MarvelFanNl

Love you